PDA

View Full Version : What do you want to do for the rest of your life?

greywolf
05/25/07, 07:06 AM
So yeah it is that question that almost all of us are tired of hearing.

I know I am. I have to be honest I have been going to school since I was Five and I am getting really tired of it. But the thing is I have been trying to figure out what I want to do with my life since I got in the 6th grade. I am 21 years old now and I still haen't decided.

The three things I would like to do all have reasons why I shouldn't do them but they are the only thing I really want out of life.

First the dream I have had for years. I want to get in shape and try to be a pro wrestler. Untill recently there was a school in my area that once I got back in shape I could have joined and still worked and lived at home. Now I would have to find a school to train at and still stay close to home if I ever even want to consider that dream.

Second we have the thing I have been working towards since I got out of High school. In High school I did not make very good grades untill my senior year and that was only because I got to take Psychology which was the only thing in school that ever kept my attention. The problem with it now is that now that I am trying to get a degree I am having to take all these classes that I have been taking for years and I just can't sit there and listen to the same stuff over and over again. And even though it intrest me I have no idea what I would ever do with a degree in Psychology. I am not patiant enough to listen to peoples problems unless they mean something to me personally. So that would pretty much end the thought of being a psychologist.

Finally we have the other option of opening up a cutlery store (Knife Shop). I don't call it the other option becuase it is a last resort because it is something I could see myself doing and enjoying for the rest of my life. The problem is that it would require starting my own business which I can't afford. I am already having to pay back student loans so there is no way I could afford to take out a business loan. But it is still not something I want to do right now anyway.

The other options were to try to write a book (I know I would never finish it)
Try to get a job at a newpaper writing movie reviews.

Sorry I just had to rant for a while. I am over it now. (well as over it as I am gonna get)

kiraford5
05/28/07, 03:19 PM
hmmm....I am the exact opposite of you. I've known what i've wanted to do since I was 7 (I'm 15 now, (turned 15 today)) anyway, Im planning on being a chef/restaurant owner.

greywolf
05/29/07, 03:51 AM
When I was seven I wanted to be a stand up comic. But I am not that topical. I think I spelled that right. For now I am just gonna work on all three of those slightly. I'm gonna keep going to school for Psychology and take a few classes for business and working out to get back in shape.

Yeah being a cheif is a something that I know nothing about.

"AH GET THE EXTINGUSHER FIRE FIRE FIRE! EVERYBODY OUT!"

Razi
06/03/07, 09:22 PM
when i was 7, i wanted to be just like steve irwin. i wanted to be a nuturalist, but i called it "animal psychologist".

Now, I want to be a performer. I have always been a good performer, but I don't think I ever noticed it as a kid. I always wore costumes in public, i had every single song from "the lion king" choreographed, i would sing outside our car window, and I always though acting came naturally to me.

I have certain goals that I want to achieve in my life such as
*be in 1 broadway/professional show, movie, tv program and/or, etc.
*publish a young adult novel
*get married
*have a family with kids
*never stop performing

Those are just some, but the first 2 are my main priorities. Once I have accomplished these, I will settle down.

-Razi

greywolf
06/04/07, 05:16 AM
hmmm....I am the exact opposite of you. I've known what i've wanted to do since I was 7 (I'm 15 now, (turned 15 today)) anyway, Im planning on being a chef/restaurant owner.

I completley missed :oops: the today part of that but

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANYWAY

Hope it was a good one.

I think I am gonna as stated above keep going to school but once I am in shape I think I may try to find a school in one of the 3 big cities around here to try to be a wrestler. I mean after all you have to at least try to follow your dreams.

And I am sure you will both do great things. (Well I was looking for some kind of thumbs up emoticon to use but I did't see one so ... Um... Oh... I got it just picture a little yellow circle with one of these next to it. :!: ... No that's no good... Um... Oh wait here we go another idea... :D :!: Yeah just like that)

Esther
10/04/07, 08:49 AM
to answer the topic....

Well..i'm in college still trying to figure that part of my life out...

here's what i'd like to do

-work at DC comics (or a similar comic book company) as an editor or writer.

-direct a fanfilm (i'm thinking of writing a trailer for the Cassandra Cain/Batgirl [i think i'm going to start it on on the comic book issues of "Batgirl: Year One" into " No Man's Land" or how Cassandra came to be who she is. ])

- write a movie script (trying to have that done by the next few years, i'll put what i got up when i get a chance to..it'll take a while )

- (something...something...something...ahh i'm out of ideas...)