PDA

View Full Version : What if JDF stayed?

Super Cena
07/03/20, 08:59 AM
What would have happened if JDF stayed past Turbo?

Captain Codfish
07/03/20, 09:00 AM
The cast change wouldn't have happened. I would think the original Turbos would go into Space. And then they would start over in Galaxy.

Lady Katastrophe
07/03/20, 09:02 AM
Maybe Lady Katastrophe could have been the villain in PRIS. Kimberly could have came back to be Pink Ranger.

Dragonzord Beta
07/03/20, 09:03 AM
I think Tommy would have been Space Red and Andros Blue. Or Andros could have a broken morpher and when he fixes it he becomes Silver.

No Green Spandex
07/03/20, 09:05 AM
If we have to endure Tommy for another season and a half, I would want to see him demoted to Blue. Andros should lead because its his ship and he has more experience in outer space.

Miki1988
07/03/20, 02:38 PM
The cast change in Turbo was more than necessary in order to try and save the show, which eventually worked out. Had JDF stayed, we wouldn't be getting the awsomenss that PRiS is.

Captain Mutiny
07/04/20, 12:01 PM
Its odd but changing the cast freshened up the show and actually helped to get better ratings and toy sales.

PRangerX
07/04/20, 12:04 PM
I remember not liking the cast change at first. But by the end of Turbo I fell in love with the new cast. And in hindsight they didn't do much with the old cast in the first half. The Turbo Movie was really their last harrah in a lot of ways.

Goldar's Revenge
07/04/20, 12:05 PM
It makes sense that the cast changed helped. Since PR's target audience usually watches the show for two years. So changing the casts wouldn't have made the new fans disillusioned with the series.

Gosei Gold
07/04/20, 12:09 PM
The writing in the first half of Turbo waa very dull. They didn't even have zord battles most of the time to make up for the boring plots. The series became the Justin Stewart adjusts to high school show. The older Rangers were just there as his supporting actors. Once the new cast changed the show was about all of them. They got rid of the dumb detonator plot and just had more interesting episodes.

MMPR Awesome
07/04/20, 12:11 PM
Zeo was a lot more interesting then the first half of Turbo. MMPR season 2 and 3 had a lot of twists and turns. So I can see why the beginning of Turbo was a let down.

Zeo Forever
07/04/20, 12:12 PM
They should have just had Turbo be Zeo Season 2.

PRMegaFan
07/04/20, 12:13 PM
They could have gave the cast a nice send off and introduce the future Space Rangers as background characters.

Tommy Fan
07/06/20, 11:20 PM
Power Rangers would have been even more awesome if JDF stuck around longer. I could see him eventually becoming a mentor a lot sooner then DInoThunder.

Tommy Hater
07/06/20, 11:20 PM
The show would have become unwatchable if he stuck around.

KimandTommy
07/06/20, 11:21 PM
Kat would have been exposed as evil and have been defeated. Hopefully Kimberly would come back.

Lady Katastrophe
07/06/20, 11:22 PM
Kat becoming Lady Katastrophe

Miki1988
07/07/20, 12:36 AM
How about Divatox contacting Rita and them working together so they could turn Tommy, Kat, Tanya and Adam to Tengas? Zordon comes back to select new members - Cassie, Carlos, T.J. and Ashely and the permanent switchover to Dimitria is finally made when the fact of the Rangers being mentorless for too long results in bad consequences.

MMPR Awesome
07/07/20, 09:00 AM
How about Divatox contacting Rita and them working together so they could turn Tommy, Kat, Tanya and Adam to Tengas? Zordon comes back to select new members - Cassie, Carlos, T.J. and Ashely and the permanent switchover to Dimitria is finally made when the fact of the Rangers being mentorless for too long results in bad consequences.

That would have been a better way to write off the originals and give a reason for them to leave. After the new Rangers.return them to normal, the old Rangers would let.them keep their powers.

Captain Codfish
07/08/20, 06:55 PM
You can definitely tell there was a lot of backstage changes during Turbo. The way the two halves are totally different makes that obvious

Tommy Hater
07/08/20, 06:56 PM
Power Rangers would have been insufferable to watch.