PDA

View Full Version : Should Power Rangers have a Watcher like character?

Zabitan
06/14/20, 09:51 PM
So I was thinking if I ever wrote enough fanfics for my Morphinverse AU that I would make a my own website like a Wiki or database for them,

And that got me thinking of RPing as some Watcher esque character who was telling all the various stories of the Morphinverse.

Which in turn got me thinking of asking other people if they every thought of doing that for their stories which in turn got me thinking if that would be a cool thing to see in the actual Power Rangers.

Me I think it would be cool for something like if they made some short direct to streaming season based on either Toqger, Zyuohger, Kyuranger, or Lupinranger vs Patoranger, or if they adapted one of the Kamen Rider shows, and decided to adapt the Super Hero Taisen movies.

Tommy Angel
06/15/20, 02:08 PM
Its too bad Zordon is gone, he would have been a good watcher character.

Mega Mission
06/15/20, 02:10 PM
Maybe they could use Gosei instead?

KimandTommy
06/15/20, 02:11 PM
Tommy and Kim could be the watchers. They could be telling their kids about the stories of the Power Rangers.

Alyssa's Sensei
06/15/20, 02:13 PM
I kind of feel like Alyssa was the wartcher for Wild Force. Based on how it ended with her telling her students the Wild Force Story.

No Green Spandex
06/15/20, 02:16 PM
Kind of Reminds me of Butty The Vampire Slayer lol

But seriously, this idea could work. But do to the seasonal approach of different teams, I think each will have their own watcher.

BeastMorpher5
06/16/20, 04:43 PM
I agree, I also think it would be different Watchers for every season.

Ranger Eagle
06/16/20, 07:06 PM
I could see them trying it for a season. I don't think they need to do it every season,

Scorpina Returns
06/22/20, 11:15 AM
Its an interesting idea. But it is funny since I thought you were talking about a mentor. Since Buffy The Vampire Slayer used that term for mentor.

Uncle Steve
06/22/20, 11:21 AM
I always figured Zordon was the one that would be documenting the stories of the Power Rangers. I think Tommy likely took over for him after Zordon's Wave.

Billy in The Middle
06/22/20, 02:58 PM
I could see Billy as a good candidate for such a role. I believe Yost is open to return in the right circumstances.