PDA

View Full Version : Every wonder what season 2 would be like with the originals?

MMPR Awesome
06/12/20, 01:47 AM
Sometimes I wonder how the rest of season 2 would have been if the original cast stayed together.

Rangerlord
06/12/20, 01:48 AM
Most likely a lot of the fillers would be similar since they were likely written with Jason, Zack, and Trini in mind.

Red With Evil
06/12/20, 01:49 AM
It is funny how they finally got the team back together and thats when the behind the scenes issues led to the cast change.

Frankly Jason
06/12/20, 01:50 AM
The last great Jason episode was the one right before it where he safes the Rangers from having their powers drained.

Green With Envy
06/12/20, 01:53 AM
There would have been no awkward episodes where half the team wasn't around. Even some of the filler episodes written with the departing cast members inside would have been a little different. Since the Rangers wouldn't be newbies.

Frankly Jason
06/12/20, 01:56 AM
I could definitely see Jason in Rocky Just Wants To Have Fun. He was so serious and disciplined. The premise of the episode would have worked well.

Yellow Fan Forever
06/12/20, 01:58 AM
I couldn't see Trini in the fire chief episode. Since she wouldn't be a newbie like Aishia. I don't see her not being a team player in that episode.

Blastr Zack
06/12/20, 02:00 AM
I could see Zack having confidence issues as a kid. Just because confidence was so much a part of his character. I could see then revealing he wasn't always so confident as a kid. So Mirror Of Regret would have been the same.

Todd Oliver
06/12/20, 02:02 AM
We wouldn't have had all those episodes where Zedd tries to build his own team. Which was odd because it was done before in Green No More.

Tommy Hater
06/12/20, 02:03 AM
Tommy might not have been shoved down are throats so much..

Phantom Stranger
06/12/20, 02:05 AM
I think most of he major episodes happen..The Wedding, Return Of The Green Ranger, and Storybook Rangers. It would have been interesting to see the originals in the movie.

White Spandex Rules
06/17/20, 11:50 PM
It definitely would have been cool to get more episodes with the original six. Especially since they just got back together for good in White Light. That was really their last hurrah since the wierd edits started happening after that, which led to the power transfer.

Adam White Tiger
06/17/20, 11:52 PM
I wouldn't want to give up Adam. He was the best Ranger of MMPR.

MMPR Storm
06/17/20, 11:53 PM
I am sure some episodes would have been different. For one thing, no awkward edits after the departing actors were unavailable for VAs and on the set.

Movie Ranger
06/17/20, 11:54 PM
I think we would have got a proper finale for the season that would have led into the new movie.

Piccolo Diamond
06/17/20, 11:55 PM
Not likely finale's didn't become a thing until season 3.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
06/17/20, 11:56 PM
Jason, Trini, and Zack wouldn't have been considered malcontents by Zordon. And would have been the good soldiers they were prior. Tommy still probably ends up leading, since Zordon would trust him more over Jason.

Captain Mutiny
06/17/20, 11:58 PM
We wouldn't have got constant mentions of a peace conference or wierd stuff like the Rangers chasing a baby for ten minutes. No Ninja Encounter...

Goldar's Revenge
06/18/20, 12:00 AM
Jason would have remained the leader of the team. Since Zordon't line about Tommy being leader was added in ADR, after the three actors walked and were ultimately fired.

Zabitan
06/18/20, 04:50 PM
I've thought about that too, I also wanted Kim to stay throughout season 3 because I wanted to do this thing where Jason, Zack, Billy, Trini, and Kim were the Mighty Morphin Ranger.

Tommy, Adam, Rocky, Aisha, and Kat were the Zeo Rangers, and TJ, Carlos, Justin, Ashley, and Cassie were the Turbo Rangers.

I'm trying to think what I would do with the Space Rangers other than I had this idea that Andros had a team before the former Turbo Rangers but something happened to them, and at some point they come back.

PRangerX
06/18/20, 05:26 PM
Or you could have the Robot Rangers take over for the Turbos after they go Space.

Space Seasons
06/18/20, 05:27 PM
I always thought it was weird that TJ went back to the Turbo Powers in Forever Red..

Turbo Black
06/18/20, 05:29 PM
They probably turned their powers over to new Space Rangers and went back to being planetary Rangers.

Phantom Stranger
06/18/20, 05:29 PM
Its also possible he became Red again just for the mission. It was Red Rangers only.

Tommy Hater
06/18/20, 05:30 PM
Tommy wanted to be the head of his own secret club so he could act like a hotshot.

Zabitan
06/18/20, 06:45 PM
I keep forgetting about the Robot Rangers because that keeps coming up every time I mention who I want to be which team.

That could work too.

Tommy Angel
06/19/20, 11:20 AM
Odd how we never saw the Robot Rangers again.

Scorpina Returns
06/22/20, 02:46 PM
Jason would have still be the leader of the team and other then the actor performances it wouldn't be that different.

Haim Saban's Revenge
06/22/20, 02:49 PM
The biggest change would have been the lack of awkwardness in those transition episodes. We wouldn't have seen the Rangers split up. Ninja Encounter would have been replaced by another three parter. Unless Rocky, Adam, and Aishia survived as one time guest stars?

Powermaster
06/22/20, 02:53 PM
I am surprised Richie and Curtis didn't replace Jason and Zack.

PRangerX
06/24/20, 11:58 AM
Its always interestind me to wonder if they were just red herrings for White Ranger or if they had other plans? I would say they were candidates to replace the others but that doesn't fit the timeline. Since Austin, Walter, and Thuy walked out abruptly. There was no grand plan to set up there departure. Which is why the had to scramble to find ways of including their characters when the actors weren't around to film. Richie and Curtis were dropped after the cast change. But Curtis was Zack's cousin and Richie was seemingly Trini's love interest...So that could be why. Or they simply guest starred in the episodes hey signed for and production decided to not bring their characters back. I do wonder if they ever considered making Curtis and Richie Rangers before the Ninja Trio? We have never heard anything to indicate that though.