PDA

View Full Version : Jen's Revenge

Time Force Rules
06/09/20, 10:50 PM
It was an exciting episode and a great character peace for Jen. It was so powerful watching Wes talk Jen down from killing FatCatFish. But there is just one major problem. Jen shouldn't have been so mad at the monster that she would have killed him. It was Ransik that should have got that treatment. And when he almost did in the finale, Jen already knew Alex was alive.

Countdown to Destruction
06/09/20, 10:52 PM
At least they did do a big scene in the episode where she does go after Ransik. I think they just couldn't have her take down the big bad so easily in the first few episodes. It is strange to see her get so mad at the mutant though. I could see her being mad that he almost killed them in the past. But not to the point where she would kill.

KimandTommy
06/09/20, 10:53 PM
Jen should have lost her morpher for her recklessness. Zordon would have never let her morph again!

PRangerX
06/09/20, 10:56 PM
I really enjoyed the episode. But that part did feel off for the reasons the op lists. Of course its a holdover from Timeranger. Since the source episode had the mutant guilty of killing TimePink's family in the past. Thats probably why they used it as the Jen tries to get revenge on Ransik episode. Since in her case Ransik was the one that wronged her. They just used the same footage of Yuri trying to kill the mutant. Its a powerful scene but does feel less powerful since you know it should have been Ransik being the one she threatened to kill.

Goldar's Revenge
06/09/20, 10:58 PM
Time Force always suffered due to its constant need to bend to the Sentai. Even in the first ten episodes, which were mostly original, they really made things odd by adapting the Yuri storyline to Jen. It was deffinitly a well acted episode. It just would have made far more sense if Fatcatfish killed Alex. But that would have bee counterproductive...Removing the main villain as the murderer for as monster of the week.

VR Master
06/09/20, 10:59 PM
Perhaps they should have just had the mutant have killed her family. That way it makes sense. And being mad at Ransik only makes it easier for those feelings to come out when she sees Fatcatfish,

Time Force Traitor
06/09/20, 11:02 PM
I don't think it is confusing at all. She was really mad after failing to get revenge on Ransik. The mutant showed up when she was already angry. And to make matters worse , the mutant tried to kill Alex and herself at one point. This brought all her anger over what happened to Alex to the surface and made her want to kill the mutant.

Time Force Rules
06/09/20, 11:03 PM
It makes you wonder if Wes would have been able to talk her out of killing Ransik, if he was in FatCatfish's place.

WesJen
06/09/20, 11:05 PM
In her mind she directed all her anger at Fatcatfish, it wasn't a rational decision. Thats why Wes had to talk her out of it. And to her credit she listened.

Wesley Smallings
06/09/20, 11:06 PM
I think it would have been better if Jen made her own decision to spare the mutant. I can't buy Wes being the voice of reason.

Lord Leo
06/09/20, 11:09 PM
Just be glad he wasn't Lord Leo. He probably would have captured the mutant himself and overshadow everyone.

King Ranger
06/16/20, 03:30 PM
I always thought it was wierd that Jen was willing to kill the Mutant. Its not like he was the reason why Alex was dead.

RJ Wolf Ranger
06/16/20, 03:46 PM
I guess thats why she didn't go through with it. She realized that it wasn't right...But also it had nothing really to do with Alex's death anyway.

Ranger Eagle
06/16/20, 07:08 PM
I don't think it was that out of place. She just used the fact the mutant tried to kill Alex and herself as an excuse to direct her anger at him., She did snap out of it when Wes pointed out what she wanted to do was wrong. It was a pure emotional reaction not logical.

Goldar's Revenge
06/16/20, 07:12 PM
Its just another example of how Time Force copied Timeranger way too closely. And this was in the first ten episodes, which were actually pretty stellar. I will say Erin Cahill was awesome in this episode and it had high stakes. The discrepancy with Fatcatfish does bring it down. But it would be far from the worst Sentai adaption that they would do.

Jen's Revenge
06/16/20, 07:13 PM
I would credit Jason Faunt's acting too. He delivered his lines perfectly in the scene where Wes has to talk Jen out of murdering Fatcatfish.

Wesley Smallings
06/16/20, 07:14 PM
Of course Wes had to find someway to be the "hero" of the episode.

Itzy Bitzy Carter
06/16/20, 07:16 PM
Just be glad it wasn't Carter. He would have saved the day single handly like he did in Lightspeed. He would have de-morphed Jen and froze the Mutant without working a sweat. As the writers loved to ridiculously over power him. Of course they would do it again in the team up that year, but I digress.

Lord Leo
06/16/20, 07:16 PM
Lord Leo would have done the same and been even more annoying.

Time Force Traitor
06/16/20, 07:20 PM
I loved that Time Force could explore these complex issues. Most PR seasons never went this far . It was also interesting how we had a episode dealing with the Rangers having to resist murdering a monster. Since they had to qualms with destroying them in earlier seasons, Yes, I know its because the mutants weren;t monsters and Time Force had the means to capture them. But it was still interesting for PR.

WesJen
06/16/20, 07:22 PM
Definitely, it was such an amazing season. This was one of my favorite episodes. But there are many great episodes this season. I see no reason why its hard to believe Jen would take out her anger on Fatcatfish. She went through a lot and in the end she made the right decision to capture him.

Sentai Snob
06/16/20, 07:24 PM
Time Force is one of the best examples of how to produce American Sentai. They had to adapt the plot of Yuri wanting revenge against the monster. Its just a shame they felt the need to shoehorn the original plot of Alex and her need for revenge. But at least the show would focus more on Super Sentai as it went on. Its second half is a great example. Sure there are things they should have adapted more percisiely. But it was a heavy step in the write direction for American Sentai.

Sentai Envy
06/16/20, 07:26 PM
At least Jen was pretty close to Yuri. Not a fan of the original villian in Ransik. When they had the Super Sentai suit.

Sentai Is Forever
06/16/20, 07:27 PM
Yes ,its a disgrace that they made the main villain of TImeranger a comedy character. But at least they started to move in the right direction.

PRangerX
06/16/20, 07:28 PM
I have to admit the op makes a good point and it bothered me at the time. But the fact Jen was acting on emoitions is also a good point, that makes me feel better about it. Regardless, I loved the episode and thing it was extremely well produced. It was a great Jen episode. We also saw Wes and Jen start to bond.

Inner Senshi
06/16/20, 07:29 PM
I don't know I think the subject matter was too intense for a kids show.

MMPR Forever
06/16/20, 07:32 PM
Time Force was the furthest thing from MMPR. It really didn't feel like Power Rangers at all and was just a drama. At least later seasons tried to be Power Rangers.

Nadira's Dream Date
06/16/20, 07:33 PM
I liked the cute funny episodes better. Movie Madness and Nadiera's Dream Date was so funny.

WesJen
06/16/20, 07:36 PM
But this really was Wes and Jen at its finest. A very well written episode overall. I forgot to mention this in my earlier post.

Wesley Smallings
06/16/20, 07:37 PM
I don't know what Jen saw in Wes. Alex at least wasn't annoying like Mr Smallings.

Tommy Angel
06/16/20, 07:38 PM
Yeah Time Force took itself way too seriously. Except for a few of the comedy episodes. But most of the series was way too serious. I almost quit PR until Ninja Storm made it fun again.

KimandTommy
06/16/20, 07:39 PM
Jen and Wes have nothing on Kim and Tommy.

Storm Hater
06/22/20, 03:16 PM
I would rather have episodes like this that have one inconstancy with the Sentai then crap like we got in Ninja Storm a few seasons later.

Krypto Ranger
06/22/20, 03:18 PM
It was a great Jen focused episode. Probably the best of the season.

Circuit Knows Best
06/22/20, 03:42 PM
I agree it wasn't far fetched for her to be so emotional that she would almost cross the line like that. The story of the episode works well actually.

Bonic Ranger
06/22/20, 03:47 PM
They totally ruined the arch here by having Alex end up being alive. Since Jen forgiving Ransik at the end would have been more powerful.

Kyle Luna
06/22/20, 08:13 PM
It is funny how Jen's whole reason for revenge is taking away when Alex comes back. And by that point she is in love with Wes. Whether she wants to admit it or not.

Goldar's Revenge
06/22/20, 08:17 PM
Alex is actually a very sympathetic character. He is the one that got hurt and did nothing wrong. He wound up losing the love of his life. Not that it was Jen or Wes' fault either. But Alex was a nice guy only trying to do the right thing. When he went back in time he was only a hard ass because he was trying to complete the mission. He knew that the timeline was in great danger. He was the bigger man when he realized Wes was the right person to be Red Ranger. He legitimately loved Jen and cared what happened to her. Lets also not forgot he thought the team was fooling around and became too contaminated by being in the past. But he knew he was wrong later on.

Wesley Smallings
06/22/20, 08:19 PM
I'd be pretty pissed him Wes stole my girlfriend too.

Ranger Eagle
06/22/20, 08:23 PM
He didn't really steal his girlfriend though. Jen and Wes just naturally fell in love and didn't even admit it until long after Jen dumped Alex. She clearly wasn't going to marry Alex Wes or no.

Quantum Blue
06/22/20, 08:27 PM
It is pretty funny how Force From The Future is all based on making us care about Alex and Jen to route for Jen. But after that it gets us to route for Wes and Jen over Wes and Alex. Even trying to make Alex a bit of a jerk. Even if that turns out he wasn't in the end.

Ranger Black
06/22/20, 08:31 PM
I would have preferred it if they did have Alex turn out to be bad. And gave Ransik a legit reason to be evil. They should have went with the full Time Force is evil angle. Then the Rangers could have changed the future and stayed in the past.

KimandTommy
06/22/20, 08:31 PM
Wes and Jen have nothing on Kim and Tommy.