PDA

View Full Version : Jason and Emily relationship

Power Red
05/24/20, 12:00 PM
What was the story behind Jason and Emily? It was odd that Emily was introduced so strongly but never became a Ranger or did anything else after Zeo. Did they just want to give Jason a love interest?

Piccolo Diamond
05/24/20, 12:05 PM
I think they wanted a lot of romance in Zeo. They had a ton of couples that seasons. Tommy and Kim are the obvious ones. A lot of people think Adam and Tanya had chemistry. Tanya also dated Shawn for awhile. Rocky tried to get a date but that went nowhere. Bulk tried to date the Captain's daughter. Jason and Emily of course.

Ranger Eagle
05/24/20, 12:07 PM
I think they just wanted to give Jason a love interest. It also gave him a reason to be happy after he gave up his powers.

Wild Force Megazord
05/24/20, 12:10 PM
Romances like that were pretty common in that era of the show. Season 1 had Angela for a bunch of episodes and we never saw her after that. Kimberly and Tommy were obvious. As are Tommy and Kat. Someone mentioned Tanya and Shawn, plus the implicit pairing of her and Adam. Billy had a lot of one off girlfriends. I am actually surprised Jason didn't get a girlfriend sooner. But it was probably because he left the series so soon.

PRangerX
05/24/20, 03:10 PM
I have said it before but at the time I assumed Jason Frank and Catherine Sutherland were leaving and being replaced by Jason and Emily the next season. Obviously not true but I had no internet back then.

They must have just wanted a side character and love interest for Jason. Kat had Tommy and Tanya kind of had Adam. Power Rangers has used a lot of secondary characters who are friends but not Rangers.

Adam White Tiger
05/24/20, 03:10 PM
I think Adam and Tanya were definitely an item..

PRangerX
05/24/20, 03:13 PM
You can make a strong case that they like each other. But it was never as explicit as Tommy and Kat. We have no evidence that Adam and Tanya even got together at any point. They could have been just good friends all along. But there were people who saw a connection between them and I can see why. Which is why I mentioned them as possible love interests..

KimandTommy
05/24/20, 03:14 PM
You can make a strong case that they like each other. But it was never as explicit as Tommy and Kat. We have no evidence that Adam and Tanya even got together at any point. They could have been just good friends all along. But there were people who saw a connection between them and I can see why. Which is why I mentioned them as possible love interests..

I never bought Tommy and Kat together, no matter how much the writers wanted it to be true.

Frankly Jason
05/24/20, 03:16 PM
I though Jason and Kimberly got together due to the Turbo movie.

Zeo Power
05/24/20, 03:18 PM
I am surprised they didn't use Emily for the Turbo movie instead.

Goldar's Revenge
05/24/20, 03:21 PM
Kimberly was the bigger name and a former Ranger. Plus they were able to bring her back since she signed a two film deal after MMPR TM.

KimandTommy
05/24/20, 06:07 PM
I actually liked Emily.If Kimberly couldn't come back, she would have been a way better Ranger then Kat.

MattEmily
05/24/20, 09:33 PM
I have said it before but at the time I assumed Jason Frank and Catherine Sutherlandwere leaving and being replaced by Jason and Emily the next season. Obviously not true but I had no internet back then.

They must have just wanted a side character and love interest for Jason. Kat had Tommy and Tanya kind of had Adam. Power Rangers has used a lot of secondary characters who are friends but not Rangers.

Well it is technically true that JDF wanted off around that time but they came up with an agreement so they could properly send him off the following season, only I don’t think he realized that his decision to leave pretty much doomed his veteran friends especially once there was a change in the power

BeastMorpher5
05/24/20, 11:51 PM
I thought they were real good together. Its too bad we didn't see more of the two.

Rita's Pita
05/25/20, 10:51 PM
Kimberly was the bigger name and a former Ranger. Plus they were able to bring her back since she signed a two film deal after MMPR TM.

I wonder why they didn't bring the others back for cameos.

Titanium Steel
05/29/20, 09:38 PM
I don't have a problem with a Ranger having a relationship with a non Rangers, it is more realistic and gives the show more of an ensemble cast. Emily,s introduction of being mixed in with the wrong crowd was pretty edgy for PR at the time. It was a cool way to introduce her and watch her become a friend to the team.

PRangerX
05/29/20, 09:48 PM
I always thought Jason and Kimberly were good together. I was hoping they would be a couple in the Turbo Movie, But it was never stated on screen.

Nadira's Dream Date
05/29/20, 09:51 PM
Well Kimberly wasn't on the show in Zeo so she couldn't be Jason's girlfriend. They weren't going to have them be a couple for one movie.