PDA

View Full Version : Tommy should have died like Burai

Sentai Envy
01/31/17, 10:37 PM
One think I will never forgive MMPR for is how it robbed us of a great Zyuranger Story-line. The Burai Arch was so amazing. By not having Tommy at least die ruined the story-line. And frankly, was an insult to Sentai Fans.

Sentai Snob
01/31/17, 10:55 PM
I agree , it was very insulting. And bad writing to boot. I would have liked MMPR much better if he followed the story-line of Braui.

Power Rangers Forever
01/31/17, 10:58 PM
Why Tommy was his own character? And if they wrote him off they would have missed out on capitalizing on his popularity like they did with him as White Ranger.

MMPR Forever
01/31/17, 11:00 PM
Tommy was perfect the way he was. I am glad MMPR never tried any of that drama crap. Writing off Tommy would have been insulting to the fans. I don't know a lot about Braui but he wasn't in MMPR and didn't need to be.

Goldar's Revenge
01/31/17, 11:38 PM
At one point something like this was discussed but it never got passed being talked about in a writers meeting. There is no way it would have worked anyway. And it would have been foolish in hindsight.

Smarty Pants Rose
02/01/17, 09:32 PM
That would have made no sense. Tommy was nothing like Burai. And nothing would have been there to set up his death like Zyuranger set up for Burai. Burai was trying to save his life , Tommy was trying to save his powers.

MMPR Forever
02/01/17, 09:33 PM
Tommy dying would have been an insult to MMPR fans. And would have destroyed he franchise.

No Green Spandex
02/01/17, 09:36 PM
It would have been a dramatic end to his storyline. Even more so then the powers loss arch.

Zabitan
02/01/17, 09:37 PM
I don't know I think there was more to the Burai arc than just the fact that he died like the fact that he, and Geki were brother, and at first he hated Geki but then came to love him.

And the fact they established he was going to die, and when he finally did he helped save a little kid who was also going to die.

I would have liked it if they did the limited powers thing with Tommy before he lost his powers the first time but that's it.

KimandTommy
02/01/17, 10:30 PM
It would have been a terrible move to kill off Tommy! I would have stopped watching the show..It wouldn't have lasted much longer anyway.

Todd Oliver
02/01/17, 10:33 PM
I don't know I think there was more to the Burai arc than just the fact that he died like the fact that he, and Geki were brother, and at first he hated Geki but then came to love him.

And the fact they established he was going to die, and when he finally did he helped save a little kid who was also going to die.

I would have liked it if they did the limited powers thing with Tommy before he lost his powers the first time but that's it.

I really think the storyline was great! The power loss storyline was tragic for MMPR. And they handled his return well by not making things easy for him.

Massive Ego
02/02/17, 12:22 PM
I think the powers storyline was tragic enough. And I see why they had to keep Tommy around much longer. I do thinking having him sacrifice himself to save the world in DinoThunder would have made a lot of sense. It would have took a terrible season and made it tolerable.

MattEmily
02/02/17, 12:48 PM
At one point something like this was discussed but it never got passed being talked about in a writers meeting. There is no way it would have worked anyway. And it would have been foolish in hindsight.

exactly and censors would've never allowed it anyway just like they didn't allow Eric's death. Censors only allow human deaths if they're temporary like Kendrix and Alex both were so Power Rangers wouldn't have been able to do a permanent human death regardless of whether they had wanted to or not.

Cole's Parents weren't even supposed to remain dead they were supposed to be Toxica and Jindrax but things slipped through the cracks and they were able to get away with that but that was only because they were changing channels.

Destiny Defeated
02/02/17, 05:27 PM
I always give mmpr a break in that it was so early on that they couldn't get away with a lot of what they could later on. Not that killing off Tommy would have been a good idea.

Space Hero
02/02/17, 05:29 PM
It is funny how they never killed off Rangers who left the show.

MattEmily
02/02/17, 10:33 PM
It is funny how they never killed off Rangers who left the show.

censors would've never allowed them to since it was a kids' show and there's no way you could show it was only a temporary death if their actor was gone.

PRangerX
02/02/17, 10:42 PM
I was amazed when Kendrix did die. I never thought I'd see a human die in Pr like that. I felt bad later when I foumd out Valerie left due to having cancer. Luckily everything worked out for her.

Kilobyte
02/02/17, 10:45 PM
It was crazy when Andrews died in RPM. Since he was a full human character and didn't die in Ranger form.

MattEmily
02/03/17, 08:43 PM
It was crazy when Andrews died in RPM. Since he was a full human character and didn't die in Ranger form.

not to mention Marcus too. I think that was his name?

Kilobyte
02/03/17, 09:41 PM
Yeah forgot about him. But at least they didn't have to show him getting shot.

Gia the Fiend
02/03/17, 11:20 PM
I don't think if we were ever going to get this type of storytelling with MMPR.

MattEmily
02/04/17, 11:32 AM
Yeah forgot about him. But at least they didn't have to show him getting shot.

true.

I don't think if we were ever going to get this type of storytelling with MMPR.

yea they were never going to do something that drastic when it was their first season regardless of whether they wanted to or not and regardless of whether they were allowed to or not. They were trying to play it safe in the beginning hence why the first season has practically no storyline except for the evil Green Ranger arc.

Captain Mutiny
02/04/17, 11:48 AM
Not to mention how the Power Rangers well all protrayed as super perfect teenager who were always nice unless put under an evil spell.

Power Rangers Forever
02/04/17, 11:50 AM
Bottom line is , Tommy isn't Burai. So saying he should have died because Burai did, isn't good enough.

White Dragon Ranger
02/04/17, 11:52 AM
I like that they are different characters that can be judged separately.