PDA

View Full Version : Article about the new MMPR comic

PRangerX
01/18/17, 10:15 PM
An interesting article about the new MMPR comic from Boom studios. Which recently revealed a newnl Ranger

http://screenrant.com/mighty-morphin-power-rangers-kyle-higgins-interview-comics/?ref=yfp

Captain Codfish
01/18/17, 10:16 PM
The Boom Comics seems pretty interesting. It seems they aren't afraid to change things up.

MMPR Forever
01/18/17, 10:21 PM
I don't like the idea of them adding a Ranger. That never happened in MMPR. Its gotta be a poor remake of MMPR. Which is a shame.

Goldar's Revenge
01/18/17, 11:04 PM
The comics are probably a better rebooted than the movie will end up being.

No Green Spandex
01/19/17, 01:03 PM
So is this thing supposed to be its own Canon?

KimandTommy
01/19/17, 01:05 PM
I hope they don't include Kat if its a new continuinty. Unless she is a bad guy like she always should have been portrayed as.

MattEmily
01/19/17, 05:36 PM

not really sure. I think it's supposed to still fit in the same continuity but they're still doing things that won't exactly break that continuity like for example they made comics that featured Kimberly's adventures after she had left the team in Season 3. I don't know if those comics were actually made available or not.

KimandTommy
01/19/17, 06:43 PM
I heard about tha one. I would love to see that.

PRangerX
01/19/17, 06:47 PM
Its a great way to explore the PRU in a way that is at least semi canon.

Goldar's Revenge
01/19/17, 06:50 PM
Its a good way to explore the PRU in a way that is at least semi canon.

MMPR Supreme
01/19/17, 06:55 PM
I wish the show could revisit MMPR like this.

Space Hero
01/19/17, 07:02 PM
I really hope they do a comic featuring that Space Rangers. There is so much you can do with their Space Adventures..You can do stories that take place after In Space itself We can finally see why the Space Rangers had to return to Earth after the Galaxy team up.

Ninja Storm Fan
01/19/17, 07:52 PM
I want them to do Ninja Storm Comics. We can finally see the other Ninja Schools. People would love it and it would sell out the shelves.

MattEmily
01/19/17, 10:57 PM
I wish the show could revisit MMPR like this.

yea me too since there's a very things that have went unexplained that we know nothing about but unfortunately we'll never see anything like that.

I really hope they do a comic featuring that Space Rangers. There is so much you can do with their Space Adventures..You can do stories that take place after In Space itself We can finally see why the Space Rangers had to return to Earth after the Galaxy team up.

that's a good idea so I hope we see something like that at some point.

No Space Spandex
01/21/17, 05:48 PM
Eh I hope not. Space waa a big mistake that should not be adapted storywise or theme wise ever again.And thats in any media form. Power Rangers is not a Space Series

Lothor's Revenge
01/23/17, 12:43 AM
A comic expanded universe was long needed for this franchise.

Tuxedo Moon
01/23/17, 12:51 AM
I agree. I am all for it.

fryguy81
01/23/17, 06:52 AM

The comic seems to start right after "Green With Evil" and then goes off into it's own thing. So it's in continuity up to that point and then diverges into a new continuity.

PRangerX
01/23/17, 03:27 PM
That names sense given the wording of the article. It does seem to go into its own continuity since they mention Tommy not necessarily going White Ranger here.

Rangerlord
01/23/17, 03:47 PM
I wish they stuck closer to continuity. They could have done MMPR stories along side the show. Like they did with Kim during her time away. Or they could have done MMPR stories after Turbo.

Bandai Guy
01/23/17, 03:50 PM
Power Rangers is an on going series. I have no problem with them having non canon comics. A lot of franchises have had side materials that aren't canon. Usually the canon stuff comes after the show ends.

Rita's Pita
01/23/17, 03:51 PM
They should just stick with Rita as the bad guy. Adding this new villainous Ranger undercuts her. And is pretty silly since they just got done with Tommy bejng evil.

Bratty Katty
01/23/17, 05:17 PM
If they can tell interesting stories why not?

Ninja Storm Fan
01/24/17, 07:50 PM
They should have focued on a Ninja Storm comic. Thats what most fans would rather see. It would sell tons of copies.

Space Hero
01/24/17, 07:52 PM
I agree MMPR is overrated by the media and the fandom. But I think Space Comics are what everyone would want more.

Mystic Magic
01/29/17, 01:31 PM
It is cool PR finally has a proper expanded universe. It deserves it in some form.