PDA

View Full Version : why couldn't Wes go to the future?

WesJen
12/11/16, 01:02 AM
Wes was from the present but was fated to die. Why couldn't he just return home with the others? Certainly he should have been able to afterwards since he was originally supposed to die.

Goldar's Revenge
12/11/16, 01:04 AM
Time Force suffers because stuff like this contradicts the everyone makes your own destiny mantra. Wes and Jen should have been allowed to stay together in one of the timelines.

Time Force Traitor
12/11/16, 01:06 AM
Wes was originally supposed to take over for his Dad before the Destiny arch. Wes wasn't fated to die until after that. Once they changed that a new future for Wes was made. So Time Force wouldn't let him come to the future.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
12/11/16, 01:09 AM
Its also worth noting that Wes had to stay in the past to stop Frax. If all the Rangers returned Ransik and Frax would have free riegn. Alex was able to send the others back because he saw Wes and Eric were able to defeat Frax. It was just at the cost of Wes' life and possibly Eric's.

Destiny Defeated
12/11/16, 01:12 AM
I think it was more that they were doing what was right by staying apart. If they changed the timeline for there own personal gain... They would have been just as bad as Ransik was in the beginning. Making your own destiny does not mean selfisly altering time.

Jen's Revenge
12/11/16, 12:35 PM
Actually having Wes go to the future wouldn't have been write. Even if history was already rewritten...Just going to the future would be crossing the line for Wes.

KimandTommy
12/11/16, 12:37 PM
This is another reason I can't get into Time Force. They didn't even let there couple get together in the end. Even if I wasn't that interested in them. Its just that I like there to be some couple to ship.

PRangerX
12/11/16, 12:42 PM
It really hurt to see them have to leave each other. I know some argue the make your own destiny thing should have allowed them to find a way to stay together. But I also agree about radically altering history for personal gain is a step too far. Wes making decisions in his own life to alter his personal future is one thing but changing history just to be together with Jen in the future would have been totally selfish.

And in a lot of ways I actually respected that plot point. Since it made for a very mature place for a PR relationship to go. And added to there love story. Lets be honest a lot of on screen love stories are written where the two lovers don't live happily rver after or after tk give each other for love or other personaly responsibolities. It makes there love mean more in a dramatic fashion. As much as I wanted Jen and Wes to get together its good writing that they didn't.

Goldar's Revenge
12/11/16, 12:42 PM
Judd Lynn actually hated that they didn't get back together. Due to the whole destiny thing.

Captain Codfish
12/11/16, 12:43 PM
That he did...But I can actually see a strong argument for them not being able to be together.

KimandTommy
12/11/16, 12:45 PM
Thats silly, a love story should always end with the two characters getting together. Unless onenof the characters is bad.

PRangerX
12/11/16, 12:47 PM
I just wanted to add that the one thing missing from their goodbye scene was a kiss. That would have made the scene more powerful. At least wengot a reunion in the team up. Even if we only got a brief romantic momments between the two. Of course the TF Rangers had to return to the future. So it doesn't cheapen the first good bye .

Itzy Bitzy Carter
12/11/16, 12:48 PM
I always thought it was wierd that they didn't show them going to the future again.

Captain Codfish
12/11/16, 12:50 PM
We already got a good bye scene in the finalie so it would have been redundant to do it again.

Smarty Pants Rose
12/11/16, 03:57 PM
Both of there loves were in there own time periods. It was unfair for either of them to ask the other one to leave theres. Plus Wes and Eric probably ended up being key to the creation of SPD. And perhaps ties to even Time Force.

Quasar Saber
12/11/16, 04:03 PM
The events of Time Force are entirely the result of Alex trying to manipulate the past to create a better future. The idea of not changing the past was only a ruse. He needed Doomtron destoryed since it would create a worse future.

Wes and Eric were always supposed to die and the Time Force team recalled. When Jen and her crew decided to go to the past Alex's plans were ended. He resigned himself to this. Jen knew they had to return since Time Force would never allow them to be together. The only reason Wes and Eric kept their morphers were for the teams ups they were later in. Once they transpired the morphers were recovered. Its also possible that they were reversed engineered for SPD. Which would have played a role in Time Force being formed. Alex never wanted Time Force gone.

Doomsday
12/11/16, 04:20 PM
Actually the events in Time Force were caused by Alex himself. Originally, Alex led the team to the past. But everyone died except himself. Alex blamed himself and desperately wanted Jen back. So he arranged for his DNA to be implanted into Mrs. Collins to produce Wes. Who was designed to be his replacement. He also made it possible for Eric to become the Quantom Ranger. This resulted in a new timeline with a new Alex that is the one that dies in "Force From The Future". The original Alex used further time travel to cement himself as the unseen head of Time Force. Until after the Rangers are in the past and he reveals himself to Logan.

The plan started to go to hell when Doomtron was created and the timeline started to change again due to the Time Force's actions. Alex began to think of Wes as a faliure and for softening up the Time Force team. When he was supposed to acclimate them to the past and make them stronger in the process. So Alex went back in time during the destiny arch to take command himself. Getting rid of Wes by making him think he had to take over for Mr. Collins. Due to Wes's actions and successful destruction of Frax's Zord, Alex realized Wes was doing his job and should be left in place. Collins was healed because Biolabs neded him or Wes to run it. Bio labs was important for the future.

Alex reverted to the previous plan which invovled the sacrifice of Wes and Eric's injury. The original Time Force Rangers were recalled to make sure they were saved. But all this ended when Jen made her decision to return to help Wes. Thus resulting in an entriely new timeline where the future is much less fascist. Alex Prime lost all his behind the scenes power but "Force From the Future" Alex is still dead.. Thats why Jen still has to overcome her mistrust of Ransi k in "Reinforcements From The Future. Or at least demonstrate it in that scene where she takes Ransik's hand.

Time Force Traitor
12/11/16, 09:32 PM
It would have been cool to see Wes go to the future.. But it was probably for the best that he didn"t.... Storywise and in universe.

Massive Ego
12/11/16, 09:33 PM
People in this thread are being fan fic writers again.

Wes couldn't return to the future because it wasn't right for him to leave his own time.

Super Zeo Ranger
12/11/16, 11:56 PM
I think the TF Rangers should have stayed to make their own destiny. Jen and Wes should have got together for good.

WesJen
12/11/16, 11:58 PM
I still say Wes should have went to the future. I don't think it would have effected the timeline. If with changung history. With Collins alive saving Wes wasn't crucial to preserving the timeline.

Super Rad
12/12/16, 12:03 PM
This thread reminds me why Time Force was such a great season. The fact we can debate the morality of both aides and there motivations in amazing. I really wish the show still had this kind of depth. This was the last good season that they had.

Time Arrow
12/12/16, 12:15 PM
I would have liked to have seen Wes go to the future. It would have been awesome. Eric could have stayed behind to protect the past.

Saban Fan
12/13/16, 09:49 AM
Wild Force really should have been the continuation of Wes's story. With Eric as part of a new team. Wes would be Blue and Eric would be black. Taylor would be Yellow and Max would be Blue. Alyssa could still be White. Cole would have the same origin as Red Ranger .

White Tiger Fan
12/13/16, 09:50 AM
I'm actually surprised Amit didn't push for that. Not that Wild Force wasn't great as it is.

Goldar's Revenge
12/13/16, 09:53 AM
Jonathon would have never let him. Since he felt Amit should stick to basics as a first time story editor. I don't believe Amit had any plans to do Wild Force as a Time Force sequel though.

Changeman Returns
12/13/16, 09:56 AM
I appreciated that they stuck with Wild Force stickinf close to Gaoranger. It really did what American Sentai should do. It was a good call by Jonathon.

Power Rangers Forever
12/13/16, 09:57 AM
They at least added Master Org and changed up Cole from his Sentai Counterpart.

Changeman Returns
12/13/16, 09:59 AM
Those were the weaker parts of the season though. It got to far away fron the Sentai. But at least Wild Force stuck close to Gaorangsr for the most part in other areas.

Princess Org
12/13/16, 10:26 AM
I really like Wild Force. I just think there should have been a Princess Org.

I think Time Force Rangers should have stayed in the past. Jen and Wes should have lived happily ever after.

Inner Senshi
12/13/16, 10:27 AM
It really hurt to see them have to leave each other. I know some argue the make your own destiny thing should have allowed them to find a way to stay together. But I also agree about radically altering history for personal gain is a step too far. Wes making decisions in his own life to alter his personal future is one thing but changing history just to be together with Jen in the future would have been totally selfish.

And in a lot of ways I actually respected that plot point. Since it made for a very mature place for a PR relationship to go. And added to there love story. Lets be honest a lot of on screen love stories are written where the two lovers don't live happily rver after or after tk give each other for love or other personaly responsibolities. It makes there love mean more in a dramatic fashion. As much as I wanted Jen and Wes to get together its good writing that they didn't.

Its just a kids show. They should have ended up together. I don't think kissing would be appropriate though.

KimandTommy
12/13/16, 10:29 AM
But Kim and Tommy got to kiss? But I don't realky like Wes and Jen anyway.

Sentai Envy
12/13/16, 12:22 PM
Those were the weaker parts of the season though. It got to far away fron the Sentai. But at least Wild Force stuck close to Gaorangsr for the most part in other areas.

It pissed me off that they did that. Because they adapted Gaoranger so well besides that. Why do American Sentai Producers have to make it so complicated. Just adapt Sentai scene by scene and its easy. Plus cheaper, which they should like.

Sentai Snob
12/13/16, 12:23 PM
I can't get too mad about it though. They did such a good job adapting Gaoranger that Master Org doesn't ruin things.

Maligore
12/13/16, 12:26 PM
It pissed me off that they did that. Because they adapted Gaoranger so well besides that. Why do American Sentai Producers have to make it so complicated. Just adapt Sentai scene by scene and its easy. Plus cheaper, which they should like.

Even Saban and Disney ain't that cheap.

Massive Ego
12/13/16, 12:30 PM
Its just a kids show. They should have ended up together. I don't think kissing would be appropriate though.

No one was expected anything too adult. You can have drama and love in a kids show.

PRangerX
12/13/16, 12:34 PM
Them all staying in the past would have made the most sense. Too bad they didn't sitck with the idea of Time Force being corrupt They could have strived to make a better future. .

Yellow Fan Forever
12/13/16, 12:35 PM
But then Katie and the other Rangers couldn't see there families again. By changing history they would risk erasing them from existence.

Chaos Ranger
12/19/16, 02:21 PM
If Wes returned to the future Time Force never would have allowed him to stay. if The others stayed behind they would have been hunted down.

Time Force Traitor
12/20/16, 01:07 PM
I agree there. Wes would not have been a allowed to stay. And Time Force would have made sure the Rangers returned home. But I still disagree with Time Force being evil.

Superhero Galaxy
12/20/16, 01:39 PM
They should have tried to go to a parallel universe so they could be together.

Summer Is Rich
12/20/16, 05:04 PM
Jen should have stayed behind to be with Wes.

Dayu's Tears
12/21/16, 07:58 PM
It would be selfish of Wes to go to the future. He would be messing with the timestream.Plus it was unfair of Jen to expect him to give up his life to come with her. I think Wes had a role to play in the revised history.

Dic Dubber
12/22/16, 12:21 PM
Wes deserved to be with a women who was nicer. Jen treated him horribly and would have dumped him when someone better came along. Look at what she did to Alex. Who died right in front of her.

MMPR Forever
12/22/16, 08:13 PM
If there was a more happy ending maybe I wouldn't dislike the season. so much. Its too bad because the cast looked good enough to do an MMPR like season. We saw some of it in "Movie Madness" and "Nadiera's Dream Date" but they watered it all down with all that serious crap

Green With Envy
12/22/16, 08:51 PM
I found myself wondering the same thing. Wes going to the future made too much sense and it it was never brought up.

Goldar's Revenge
12/23/16, 11:20 PM
The idea of Jen and Wes not being able to make there own destiny contradicted everythig Time Force was building to..The whole season was about making your own destiny. Yet Wes and Jen can't be together because it goes against destiny. It makes no sense and was bad writing. Judd actually hated this for those reasons.

Galaxy Forever
12/23/16, 11:57 PM
It was probably too dangerous for Wes and Alex to be in the same time period for too long.

Eradicator
12/24/16, 12:17 PM
Its not about making your own destiny. Its about doing whats right and letting the other person live their own life. Jen and Wes were from different times and neither belonged in the other. It was a beautifully told story.

Kimberly Cares
12/24/16, 02:57 PM
They should have ended up together so they could have had a happy ending.

Revenge of the UAE
12/24/16, 03:02 PM
Don't be so sentimental. Wes and Jen not ending up together made perfect sense.

Byron Stinger
12/24/16, 07:29 PM
It would trigger a massive timehole. Since Wes going to the future would create a rip in space time. The Rangers going back didn't because just going to the past didn't change it instantly like Wes going to the future.

Time Force Rules
01/11/17, 07:01 PM
Wes belonged in the past. Going to the future would drastically alter the future. And it would have been selfish..It made the whole story more dramatic.

Call Titanus
01/12/17, 12:18 PM
At least they were mature about that. Although , I could do without all the melodrama in Power Rangers.

A Gia To Remember
01/13/17, 11:56 AM
It seems like Time Force could have made an exception for Wes and Jen since it was a special case.

Massive Ego
01/13/17, 12:05 PM
There not going to make a special case for a couple that would alter the future by being together. They are lucky Alex let them get out of erasing there memories of the past.

Ranger Master
01/13/17, 12:07 PM
Oh there memories were erased after Wild Force. Don't underestimate the sinster nature of Time Force. Some of Alex's memories were most likely erased too for showing weakness in TF's eyes.

Sentai Is Forever
01/13/17, 12:09 PM
I always thought they messed this part up. Alex should have been trying to erase all their memories since the future changed. Alex's goal should have been to alter time for his own benefit. With Trip being forced to kill him so they could escape. They did a good job copying Timeranger, its a shame they got this wrong.

Revenge of the UAE
01/13/17, 10:07 PM
They did nothing to set things up for that. Alex had some similarities to the Captain but a lot of differences too. He was never the evil character that Time Captain was however.His reasonimg fornwanint to erase the Rangers memories was different from Time Captain's.

Quasar Saber
01/13/17, 10:12 PM
Wes couldn't survive in the future. The world's climate had changed and humanity evovled to survive the new harsher reality. Which is why genetic engineering was started. Wes wouldn't be able to survive in the future. And Jen didn't think it was fair of her to remain in the past for her own personal.gain.

Zordon's Alliance
01/13/17, 10:36 PM
If Jen and Wes got together Alex would never exist. Since he is Alex's descendent.

Digimon Ranger
01/16/17, 12:55 PM
Maybe it wiukd have caused a timehole, due to the future changing too much?

Time Force Traitor
01/29/17, 06:43 AM
It is funny how certain changes cause timeholes and others don't.

Super Rad
01/29/17, 06:45 AM
The Tryzarium Crystals caused the timeholes, not just the changes in the timeline itself.

Mystic Magic
01/29/17, 01:23 PM
That part didn't make sense to me either. Wes or Jen could have gone or stayed to each others place in time.

No Green Spandex
01/29/17, 01:51 PM
Wes and Jen weren't self centered jerks who would have risked harming the timeline for their own personal gain. Besides, changing your personal history like Wes did is a lot different then radically altering the timeline. Especially when Wes just lectured his Dad about it when he tried to use the antidote for Venomark for profit. Or the other times he was unhappy with his father for risking the future history just for financial gain. Even Mr. Collins realized he was wrong in the end.

MattEmily
01/29/17, 04:35 PM
Wes was from the present but was fated to die. Why couldn't he just return home with the others? Certainly he should have been able to afterwards since he was originally supposed to die.

Yes he should've been able to but it makes sense as to why since he wasn't from the future.

This is another reason I can't get into Time Force. They didn't even let there couple get together in the end. Even if I wasn't that interested in them. Its just that I like there to be some couple to ship.

I can see why they avoided this since it'd be like Jen is in love with someone that is related to Alex so what would be the odds that Jen and Wes' relationship would lead to a relationship that would eventually result into Alex being born? It would look really weird.

yea it's disappointing they had to leave due to the "make your own destiny" argument" but at the end of the day it was the best move to make so that it wouldn't raise so many questions.

I always thought it was wierd that they didn't show them going to the future again.

We already got a good bye scene in the finalie so it would have been redundant to do it again.

To be fair I think that was done intentionally so that fans could make up for themselves on whether they had decided to remain in the past or head back to their time.

They at least added Master Org and changed up Cole from his Sentai Counterpart.

Because they adapted Gaoranger so well besides that. Why do American Sentai Producers have to make it so complicated. Just adapt Sentai scene by scene and its easy. Plus cheaper, which they should like.

I'm happy they added Master Org since he was a good character and had a great storyline I just wasn't a fan of his actor. I didn't really care for Cole.

I disagree about Master Org being a weak part of the season.

Also Power Rangers is not meant to be Sentai. Do you see Sentai anywhere in its name? Exactly Sentai is not in its name because Power Rangers IS Power Rangers and Sentai IS Sentai. Power Rangers isn't Sentai and Sentai isn't Power Rangers. It's your fault for being so in love with Sentai that you want Power Rangers to repeat a product that's already aired and made which makes NO SENSE. Sentai was already produced and made. When are you Sentai lovers going to comprehend that? If you want Sentai then watch Sentai.

Hailey Hartford
01/30/17, 01:03 PM
The reason is simple. He couldn't go into the future because he isn't from the future and they couldn't screw up the timeline. End of story.

Mitchell's Navy
01/30/17, 02:16 PM
I think the opposing argument would be that the future was already changed so much. Wes was originally supposed to take over for his deceased father. Than Alex made his father live and Wes remain a Ranger. So history changed to Wes dying to defeat Frax and Ransik, Then in the end the future changed to the Wes surviving. So it makes it plausible that Wes would be able to leave for the future without damaging it.

Captain Mutiny
01/30/17, 02:19 PM
Exactly! Wes was supposed to die as of the finale. With Wes now surviving , him leaving for the future would have the same effect on the timeline with him dying in the finalie would have.

Goldar's Revenge
01/30/17, 02:20 PM
Its why Time Force is so frustrating in the end. The whole season is about making your own destiny, yet Jen and Wes have to be separated just because.

Lightspeed Zeo
01/30/17, 02:23 PM
But Wes going to the future for his own personal game would be selfish. The same with Jen. I agree with Hailey. Wes was from the present and couldn't go to the present. It would be selfish and unfair.

MattEmily
01/30/17, 03:52 PM
But Wes going to the future for his own personal game would be selfish. The same with Jen. I agree with Hailey. Wes was from the present and couldn't go to the present. It would be selfish and unfair.

not to mention if he had done such a thing it might have affected the lineage to the point that Alex wouldn't have been born or created.

Gold Ranger In Danger
01/30/17, 03:53 PM
But Wes dying should have made future Wes disappear? Time Travel makes my head hurt!

Time Force Traitor
01/30/17, 03:56 PM
It makes you wonder how dramatically the future changed in Time Force by the end. And how many times it changed in total due to the events of the season.

Time For Time Force
01/30/17, 03:58 PM
I think it was one of the best parts of the season. As much as a lot of us wanted them together in was good writing. It made their love story mean more in the end and brought great maturity to Power Rangers.

Rangerlord
01/30/17, 10:25 PM
Alex must not have been a direct descendent. Maybe he was a the descendent of a cousin? It doesn't matter though, someone else would have ceased to exist in the new timeline. Wes was Sky's Dad. They just use a different actor to play an older version of him in the SPD flashbacks.

Bratty Katty
01/30/17, 10:37 PM
Except Wes wasn't Sky's Dad. He just used a suit that was similar to Time Force. It may not have even been the same powers.

Shadowhawk
01/30/17, 10:52 PM
Humm never thought Mr. Tate could be Wes with a different actor. Why would Tate not be a Collins?

Diabolico Rising
01/30/17, 11:06 PM
Wes wasn't Sky's dad. But he no doubt had a important future in the new timeline.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
01/31/17, 12:15 PM
Mr. Tate was a cousin of Wes who used the Time Force Powers after Wes retired.

MattEmily
01/31/17, 12:50 PM
Mr. Tate was a cousin of Wes who used the Time Force Powers after Wes retired.

they weren't Time Force powers. Sky's Dad was using S.P.D. Ranger powers and not Time Force powers in S.P.D. regardless of the suit that he was using.

MattEmily
01/31/17, 01:25 PM
Wes was Sky's Dad. They just use a different actor to play an older version of him in the SPD flashbacks.

a big fat resounding NO. Wes was not Sky's Dad this was even said by Kalish himself that Wes was not Sky's Dad.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
01/31/17, 01:58 PM
SPD took possession of the Time Force Powers. When I said Wes retired its more of an official thing..Since he was forced to retire when he refused to work with Hexagon or SPD. Which is why Wes's cousin was brought in. He had the proper dna to use the morpher.

Ranger Master
01/31/17, 02:02 PM
The whole reason Wes and Eric were allowed to keep the morphers was because they were part of Hexagon and SPD's origins. Which made it part of Time Force's own origins.

Time For Time Force
01/31/17, 02:11 PM
It was always destiny that the Red and Quantum Morphers would be a big part of the origin of Time Force. Some version of the Rangers and Mutants always went back in time. It was always just a matter of how much history changed each time. It was Alexs.job to make sure it didn't change too much so that Time Force didn't happen. Alex was from an earlier version of the future and operated in secret. The Alex killed in the premiere was the Alex of the version of the future we saw st the start. Its why Alex was different than what Jen remembered. Alex Prime fell in love with his own timelines version of Jen. So he had to watch the latest Jen fall in love with another version of himself. And later, the very source of the genetic materal his counterparts and himself always were cloned from. All Alex's were cloned from Wes..

Doomsday
01/31/17, 02:15 PM
Thats pretty similar to my own statement on the matter..

MattEmily
01/31/17, 02:30 PM
It was always destiny that the Red and Quantum Morphers would be a big part of the origin of Time Force. Some version of the Rangers and Mutants always went back in time. It was always just a matter of how much history changed each time. It was Alexs.job to make sure it didn't change too much so that Time Force didn't happen. Alex was from an earlier version of the future and operated in secret. The Alex killed in the premiere was the Alex of the version of the future we saw st the start. Its why Alex was different than what Jen remembered. Alex Prime fell in love with his own timelines version of Jen. So he had to watch the latest Jen fall in love with another version of himself. And later, the very source of the genetic materal his counterparts and himself always were cloned from. All Alex's were cloned from Wes..

nope on the clone thing. Jackie herself even stated that they were NOT clones.

PRangerX
01/31/17, 07:39 PM
Not saying Jackie is wrong. But I always thought it was odd that they were supposed to be related. They never mentioned it on the show and the clone thing seemed more natural. They had a ready made excuse with the genetic engineering thing. Since that opens the door for cloning..

MattEmily
01/31/17, 08:09 PM
Not saying Jackie is wrong. But I always thought it was odd that they were supposed to be related. They never mentioned it on the show and the clone thing seemed more natural. They had a ready made excuse with the genetic engineering thing. Since that opens the door for cloning..

yea I think they were supposed to say something but they probably forgot to mention it due to all of the behind-the-scenes headaches since they were supposed to have a movie and they were supposed to have a bunch more episodes but because of an impending SAG strike that nixed those plans plus you also had to worry about all of those 9/11 edits as well.

They were pretty much translating Timeranger script-for-script for most episodes. Alex became a jerk like Captain Ryuuga was the only difference is that he didn't stay one whereas Ryuuga did and Ryuuga was more evil at that on top of which he was more forthcoming about info although I think he was just revealing the info to be kind of cruel whereas Alex refused to reveal any info about how the future was changing.

Goldar's Revenge
01/31/17, 10:15 PM
Alex was actually a nice guy who had his fiancee taking away from him after almost dying. Yet he did his duty and did what he thought was right to maintain the future. He was cold because of the weight his job put on him. As soon as he realizes the team is better off with Wes he backs off. He is actually a very sympathetic character.