PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Scorpina?

Forever Jason
11/30/16, 08:40 PM
Its odd how she just left when Zedd came on board. Then she came back to work for Zedd for just one time.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
11/30/16, 09:16 PM
Scorpina was Rita's illegitmate daughter. She left so she wasn't punished for Rita's failures. She only came back because Zedd summoned her. She didn't stick around since she was still afraid Zedd would punish her. When Rita was freed, she was mad at Scorpina for abandoning her when Zedd first arrived. As well as for not trying to free her from the dumbster. Plus Zedd didn't really see a lot in her after she failed. Running away from him also took away any respect he might have..Scorpina decided to lay low and was not part of the UAE assualt. she contiues to live on the outer reaches of the galaxy.

MattEmily
11/30/16, 09:21 PM
I think it's more that Scorpina was more loyal to Rita and had no interest in following Zedd once he took over command plus she was probably upset with Zedd about banishing Rita as well. I think she only came back that one time out of boredom but decided against staying around since she didn't want to continue working for Lord Zedd.

Inner Senshi
11/30/16, 11:49 PM
That's a good theory. I don't know why everyone overthinks things over here.

Captain Mutiny
11/30/16, 11:51 PM
Scorpina was a free agent. She was working for Rita as a mercenary. Zedd didn't use her much at all. It was the same as Finster. Rita just didn't chose to hire her again on her return, like she did with Finster

Space Seasons
12/01/16, 12:23 AM
I hated the revolving door of villains early on. Too many villains were never defeated and just moved on without full resolution. I am glad Space gave it to us and made things right,

MMPR Supreme
12/01/16, 12:24 AM
I never understood why they wrote her off. She would have been a great henchmen in season 2 like she did in 1.

MattEmily
12/01/16, 08:17 AM
I never understood why they wrote her off. She would have been a great henchmen in season 2 like she did in 1.

she was meant to continue on once she came back but there were various issues involved. here's how I understand it - Sabrina Lu the actress who was chosen to play her in Goldar's Vice-Versa was too busy which is why she never came back. They tried hunting down Ami (the actress that played her Japanese counterpart) but they weren't able to find her so they were going to continue looking for another replacement but their plans changed when the episodes that were already written with Scorpina in it had to be scrapped due to the long production of the first movie.

KimandTommy
12/01/16, 10:01 PM
I like Scorpina. She was a very underrated villain. I wish she stuck around. I would love to have her come back. Even if someone new has to play her.

PRangerX
12/01/16, 10:02 PM
That's pretty interesting Matt. I never knew the full story on that myself. It makes sense in hindsight. It didn't seem like an accident when they brought her back and let her get away again.

No Green Spandex
12/01/16, 10:07 PM
Scorpina was Rita's illegitmate daughter. She left so she wasn't punished for Rita's failures. She only came back because Zedd summoned her. She didn't stick around since she was still afraid Zedd would punish her. When Rita was freed, she was mad at Scorpina for abandoning her when Zedd first arrived. As well as for not trying to free her from the dumbster. Plus Zedd didn't really see a lot in her after she failed. Running away from him also took away any respect he might have..Scorpina decided to lay low and was not part of the UAE assualt. she contiues to live on the outer reaches of the galaxy.

What?

Ranger Master
12/01/16, 10:08 PM
Its not that far fetched. Rita seemed to care for her. And she did high tail it after Zedd arrived.

No Green Spandex
12/01/16, 10:11 PM
It just seems like a far fetched idea that she was Rita's illegitimate child. Was she a favorite of Rita's....Perhaps? But why are we going with the most far fetched theory. There is no evidence to go that far.

Inner Senshi
12/01/16, 10:12 PM
I don't why people come up with crazy ideas like that. Matt's idea makes more sense. Not that I let these kind of things bother me much. I just love the show. If Scorpina came back , she came back.

Green Spandex Supreme
12/05/16, 12:13 AM
Yeah, no way Scorpina is Rita's daughter. Its just that Zedd wasn't too crazy about using her. Or perhaps Scorpina wasn't crazy about working for him.

Destiny Defeated
12/05/16, 12:01 PM
Its possible she just went to work for someone else or wanted to move up the ladder in the UAE. Another possibiltiy is Zedd sent her to another territory he still held.

Todd Oliver
12/05/16, 12:02 PM
She could have been defeated off screen.

Maligore
12/05/16, 12:03 PM
Saban was too cheap to keep Scorpina around as a regular villain in season 2. And was even too cheap to writer her off properly.

MattEmily
12/07/16, 03:23 PM
Saban was too cheap to keep Scorpina around as a regular villain in season 2. And was even too cheap to writer her off properly.

that doesn't even work in this instance. They had no interest in keeping her around as a regular villain money has nothing to do with it and as I had said in a previous post she was supposed to return in a few episodes but those plans got scrapped due to how long the movie production was taking since the movie production was a literal nightmare.

Captain Mutiny
12/07/16, 06:37 PM
Its amazing that movie got made with all the behind the scenes turmoil.

MattEmily
12/07/16, 10:42 PM
Its amazing that movie got made with all the behind the scenes turmoil.

no doubt about that.

VR Master
12/08/16, 12:43 PM
Scorpina failed, why would Zedd bring her back? She probably left in the beginning because she wouldn't grovel like Goldar.

Uncle Steve
12/08/16, 08:39 PM
The PRU is a big place. She probably went to work for other members of the UAE. Or went into business for herself to conquer another planet.

Delta Black
12/08/16, 08:48 PM
Scorpina was defeated off screen. Perhaps Boom will show it in the comics someday.