PDA

View Full Version : Did Trent turn good too fast?

Dinoguy
11/29/16, 06:17 PM
It just seemed like a cop out how he randomly was freed from the dino gem's control. It felt like it was too early too. Since the built up to the gem taking over Trent. Also it was odd Trent just startrd working with Mesogog after refusing to for so long.

Goldar's Revenge
11/29/16, 06:26 PM
Disney didn't like the storyline with Trent being evil. They didn't really want an Evil Ranger. Trent was supposed to stay evil longer but the producers were forced to change directions. Thats why they needed the White Clone storyline to get around the sentai footage. Trent and Kira 's attraction to each other was also dropped due to Disney's concerns.

KimandTommy
11/29/16, 06:28 PM
I hated the fact they made Trent evil for so long. It should have only been for little while like Tommy.

White Tiger Fan
11/29/16, 06:32 PM
I wish Amit was in charge. I think he would have found a way to make it work better. He had experience working with Disney.

Disney Ranger
11/29/16, 06:34 PM
I think Disney made the right decision. They were just trying ro make sure DinoThunder stayed family friendly. Disney has a very high standard and always does whats best for the brand.

Massive Ego
11/30/16, 07:57 AM
Disney were fools if they demanded all that. The Trent arc was destoryed by having him be freed from the gems infulence too quickly. Trent ended up being a boring Fifth Ranger. Having him as an evil Ranger at least made him interesting for awhile. But they ruined that by jettisoning the storyline too early.

Disney Ranger
11/30/16, 07:58 AM
But Disney always did what they thought was best for Power Rangers.

No Green Spandex
11/30/16, 07:59 AM
Like when they tried to cancel it twice?

Massive Ego
11/30/16, 08:01 AM
Disney ruined Power Rangers Wild Force was only watered down by Disney and was still pretty good. But once they had there hooks on the franchise they just destoryed it. Not even Saban Brands could fix it. And has seened to pick up their bad habits.

Sailor Saban
11/30/16, 11:30 AM
Saban does Power Rangers best. If he was in charge Trent would have stayed evil longer. Kira and Trent also would have wound up together. DinoThunder would have been much better. With Tommy not being stuck morphed like he was for awhile .

Captain Mutiny
11/30/16, 11:44 AM
Its a lot more complicated than Disney or Saban. There are a lot of people involved. And lets not forget that Doug Sloan produced DT for Disney yet worked for Saban early on.

Inner Senshi
11/30/16, 11:45 AM
Well I think Saban and Disney both did a great job.

PRangerX
11/30/16, 11:48 AM
I always thought it felt a little forced. I was surprised when it happened. It definitely makes sense that plans were nixed. Given how things happened. I do feel the Trent plot lost something when they just torpedoed the Evil White Ranger storyline. He wasn't even around as much after that and just became another Ranger. Trent keeping Mercer's secret from the Rangers was interesting.... But it really didn't have any consequences once it was revealed.

Massive Ego
11/30/16, 11:49 AM
Saban did a great job the first time. Disney and Neo Saban have both done terrible jobs!

Sentai Master
11/30/16, 11:51 AM
I think Disney made the right decision. They were just trying ro make sure DinoThunder stayed family friendly. Disney has a very high standard and always does whats best for the brand.

DinoThunder would have been family friendly either way. Its not like Trent was Abrekiller.

MMPR Supreme
11/30/16, 08:22 PM
DinoThunder was pretty decent. Since it was kind of like MMPR in some ways. Trent could never live up to Tommy though.

Ninja Storm Fan
12/05/16, 06:39 PM
Trent was a huge let down after Cam. Just like DinoThunder was a huge letdown in general.

Massive Ego
12/05/16, 06:52 PM
DinoThunder wasn't much of a let down, because it sucked too.

MattEmily
12/07/16, 03:06 PM
Saban does Power Rangers best. If he was in charge Trent would have stayed evil longer. Kira and Trent also would have wound up together. DinoThunder would have been much better. With Tommy not being stuck morphed like he was for awhile .

while it's true Trent would've likely stayed evil longer it's doubtful he and Kira would've gotten together since even after Saban had reacquired the series the romantic relationships in the show have been downright awful and entirely horrible.

They wouldn't have had any choice in the matter with Tommy being stuck morphed if they were stuck in the same situation that Disney was in with having JDF only coming back in a limited capacity.

Kimberly Hart
12/08/16, 09:05 PM
I am glad he turned good. It was much better to have him on the good side. The evil plot lasted too long.

Captain Mutiny
12/09/16, 11:23 PM
Trent should have been a flawed character from the beginning and not under the gem's power at any point. They could have built to him joining the Rangers.

Gosei Gold
12/10/16, 08:09 AM
It did seem kind of odd for them to spend all that time with Trent struggling with the gem's influence and then to have him freed by some random beam. I did like the White Ranger Clone idea.

Super Rad
12/12/16, 06:19 PM
The whole Trent storyline was a mess. The evil spell storyline was dumb. Trent should have been a troubled teen not a good guy from the start. It was weak that they had to do the whole evil spell like storyline. I'm fine with Trent still turning good in the end. After all Abrakiller did. I just wouldn't have done it like they did.

Yellow Fan Forever
12/13/16, 12:37 PM
I think Trent should have just been a good guy the whole time.

Sentai Snob
12/13/16, 12:39 PM
Its a shame you guys missed out on the greatness of Abarekiller.

Power Rangers Forever
12/13/16, 12:40 PM
Not those of us who watch both Power Rangers and Sentai. I like both characters in there own ways. I like that they are different. I wouldn't have ended the evil gem plot so quickly but I liked Trent overall.

Massive Ego
12/13/16, 12:44 PM

Because his company has done such a great job with Power Rangers since they got it back. I think not.

edit: I forgot I already responded to this before but my feelings are clear.

Green Nightwolf Koragg
12/19/16, 03:32 PM
He should have been freed from the gem's influence a lot closer to the end. Perhaps direcrly by Mercer instead of a freak accident by Mesagog's laser.

MattEmily
12/19/16, 03:39 PM
I thought he should've stayed evil a little longer but it was cool with how they wrote things.

I can see why Disney didn't want Trent to remain evil for most of the season since Rangers are supposed to be seen as heroes and not villains.

Lightspeed Zeo
12/19/16, 03:54 PM
Its too bad they didn't give the clone a human form. Even if he just looked like Trent.

Vypra's Monster
12/19/16, 04:18 PM
I didn't have a problem with it. Since they had the cool clone storyline that was pretty unique.

Time Force Traitor
12/20/16, 12:55 PM
He should have been freed in the last episode. I would have even had Mesagog defeated earlier and Trent become main antagonist.

Superhero Galaxy
12/20/16, 01:20 PM
The whole thing was pretty dumb in execution. It felt like they had more story to tell with evil Trent.

Lion Tamer Org
12/20/16, 02:12 PM
It feels like they wanted Trent to be a full antagonist but couldn't due to Disney. So the wrote him as a good guy possessed by the white dino gem. And when Disney was still unhappy with that they had Trent.become free snd join the Rangers. Where they started the Clone storyline.

Summer Is Rich
12/20/16, 05:09 PM
I was just surprised they went that root. I didn't see it coming. They actually handled things very well afterwards.

Hexagon Ranger
12/21/16, 12:31 PM
I don't know why having an antagonist Ranger was such a big deal? They even had Trent under the control of the gem.

Sailor Moon Ranger
12/21/16, 12:48 PM
I think its better when Rangers are good guys. Unless they are bad for just a few episodes. Trent was bad long enough and it was time to make him good.

Itzy Bitzy Carter
12/21/16, 08:35 PM
At least DinoThunder had equal character focus. I really liked how they didn't over focus one one characer. Tommy didn't rven get over focused. Trent was like a Six Ranger. And even he didn't hog the spotlight.

Dic Dubber
12/22/16, 12:18 PM
I agree with Disney. Power Rangers should always be good. And if they are under an evil spell or tricked...They should turn good after a few episodes.

MMPR Forever
12/22/16, 08:19 PM
Trent was just a watered downed attempt to create a new Tommy. And really didn't come close to living up to the original. Just like DinoThunder failed to live up to MMPR. Having Trent turn good earlier would have helped but it wkuld have taken a lot more for DT to be on the level of DinoThunder.

Green With Envy
12/22/16, 08:48 PM
They should have just come up with a better way to have him get free of the gem's power.

Red Lightstar Ranger
12/23/16, 11:45 PM
I thought the evil Trent Storyline had run its course..Once he joined Mesagog it jummped the shark and it was time to go in a different direction.

Galaxy Forever
12/23/16, 11:55 PM
I think Trents storyline ended up being a logical progressing. I am glad they didn't keep him the same all season.

Revenge of the UAE
12/24/16, 03:19 PM
Disney was foolish not to leave Doug and Ann alone. They knew what they were doing. The evil White Ranger plot should have continued to its end. Trent and Kira should not have been dropped.