PDA

View Full Version : Tanya getting Billy's Zeo Shard

PRangerX
10/27/16, 08:40 PM
I saw a thread about this at rangerboard. I thought it would be a good topic here. too. Whats up with Billy having a claim to Aishia's Zeo Shard? There is a line in "Zeo Beginning Part 2" where Billy gives what he calls his shard to Tanya. Which is odd since Aishia already gave Tanya the shard .

No Green Spandex
10/27/16, 08:41 PM
Especially since the yellow powers also had a skirt.

Captain Mutiny
10/27/16, 08:43 PM
I would like to think that they could have easily modified the suit for a guy Ranger. Also Billy would have had no idea if the Yellow Powers were designed for a woman .

Zeo Power
10/27/16, 08:44 PM
I wish they would have just wrote out Rocky early and kept Yost as blue. Maybe he would have stayed on the show longer.

MattEmily
10/27/16, 09:38 PM
I saw a thread about this at rangerboard. I thought it would be a good topic here. too. Whats up with Billy having a claim to Aishia's Zeo Shard? There is a line in "Zeo Beginning Part 2" where Billy gives what he calls his shard to Tanya. Which is odd since Aishia already gave Tanya the shard .

I thought that was always a weird scene since that Sub-Crystal was never his to begin with since it corresponded with Aisha.

Especially since the yellow powers also had a skirt.

indeed.

I would like to think that they could have easily modified the suit for a guy Ranger. Also Billy would have had no idea if the Yellow Powers were designed for a woman .

while it's true he wouldn't have known about it having a skirt them modifying the suit wouldn't have worked since then you would have new footage of a skirtless Yellow and then Ohranger footage of a Yellow Ranger with a skirt. Back then they really didn't have the technology or the time to edit something like that.

PRangerX
10/27/16, 10:52 PM
I think he meant within the confines of the the fictional show. There was no way around it in the real footage

Maligore
10/27/16, 10:53 PM
Saban was too cheap to do more original footage to make it work.

Goldar's Revenge
10/27/16, 10:58 PM
They weren't going to be able to alter the footage like that. Might as well do All American action scenes. And that obviousky wasn't going to happen. Not even season 2 and 3 tottally got rid of Sentai. If Billy was a Ranger he would have replaced one of the guys. But the decision was made to make him more of a supporting player for whatever reason. The limited suits effected that of course.

Maligore
10/27/16, 10:59 PM
If Saban wanted to spend money he could. Especially back then coming out of MMPR.

Goldar's Revenge
10/27/16, 11:03 PM
And how would they pull off spending that kind of money? The whole idea was to use the Sentai Footage to cheaply produce a show that could sell toys. MMPR ended up using a lot of original footage since the fad was huge. The fad was already dying down by Zeo. Zeo was meant to try to rekindle interest in the brand with a cheaper budget. If they spent the kind of money you are talking about then PR would have been doomed. Since Zeo was considered a failure commercially. As much of a fan favorite season it is.

MMPR Forever
10/27/16, 11:06 PM
I think they should have just stuck with MMPR. It would have done better than Zeo.

KimandTommy
10/27/16, 11:06 PM
They should have brought back the original Rangers who left too. That would have been awesome and would have got the ratings up.

Yellow Fan Forever
10/27/16, 11:08 PM
It would have been on seeing a male Yellow Ranger back then. Especially one with a skirt.

MMPR Guy
10/27/16, 11:11 PM
The originals coming back would have been awesome. They should have at least kept Billy as a Ranger. They could have had Tommy go on a side quest with his arrow head. Rocky could have been Red until Jason came back. And once Tommy came back he could have become Gold Ranger.

Ginger Snap
10/27/16, 11:13 PM
You guys should really write for the show. But I guess its far too late to write for Zeo.

No Green Spandex
10/27/16, 11:13 PM
Not if you have a Delorean.

Zeo Power
10/27/16, 11:15 PM
I like Zeo already, so I wouldn't change too much. But I still say Billy should have been a Ranger.

Yellow Fan Forever
10/27/16, 11:16 PM
I wonder why Karen Ashley left anyway?

Red Spandex Forever
10/27/16, 11:17 PM
They could have had Billy turn Red if Tommy went on that quest. You would have had to retire Rocky earliy though

Green Alien Ranger
10/27/16, 11:18 PM
Billy as Red would have worked since he played such a leadership role in the Alien Ranger saga.

Captain Mutiny
10/27/16, 11:21 PM
Funny how people used to make a big deal of AJJ wanting to move on from being type cast as Kimberly. Yet she got the best write off of all the originals. And really anyone of the continuing story seasons.

Inner Senshi
10/27/16, 11:23 PM
Did you mean to start a new thread?

Captain Mutiny
10/27/16, 11:24 PM
No, I was just thinking of how Ashley and so many of the actors from that era got written off quickly. And a lot of times with stand ins and stock footage.

MattEmily
10/28/16, 03:48 AM

while Saban is traditionally cheap they definitely weren't cheap back then. Seasons 2 and 3 had the most original footage of the whole Saban-era and perhaps even in all of the series as a whole. Zeo also had a lot of original footage.

They weren't going to be able to alter the footage like that. Might as well do All American action scenes. And that obviousky wasn't going to happen. Not even season 2 and 3 tottally got rid of Sentai. If Bilky was a Ranger he would have replaced one of the guys. But the decision was made to make him more of a supporting player for whatever reason. The limited suits effected that of course.

exactly. With Season 2 we still had monsters in Dairanger footage, some White Ranger scenes were Dairanger scenes and of course Zedd's Growth Potion, the zords, the Tigerzord Cockpit and Saba. The Power Cannon came from Dairanger but it never had Dairanger footage.

If Saban wanted to spend money he could. Especially back then coming out of MMPR.
exactly it was a choice the production team made in order to work with the footage that Toei provided for them.

And how would they pull off spending that kind of money? The whole idea was to use the Sentai Footage to cheaply produce a show that could sell toys. MMPR ended up using a lot of originaL footage since the fad was huge. The fad was already dying down by Zeo. Zeo was meant to try to rekindle interest in the brand with a cheaper budget. If they spent the kind of money you are talking about then PR would have been doomed. Since Zeo was considered a failure commercially. As much of a fan favorite season it is.

exactly Saban using Sentai to make Power Rangers was always a way to make a show on the cheap.

KimandTommy
10/28/16, 11:21 AM
Funny how people used to make a big deal of AJJ wanting to move on from being type cast as Kimberly. Yet she got the best write off of all the originals. And really anyone of the continuing story seasons.

It was cool she came for the movie as well.

MattEmily
10/29/16, 07:13 PM
It was cool she came for the movie as well.

she wanted to honor her contract that's why she had came back for the movie. Shuki had allowed her to leave during Season 3 and it was something that he had allowed on the condition that she went with him to work on one of his other projects.

Maligore
10/30/16, 06:56 PM
I wish Saban would have paid her enough to bring her back.

PRangerX
10/30/16, 06:58 PM
I don't think it was really about pay. It was more that she was ready to move on in season 3. She wanted to grow her carreer. And just had the final commitment to do the second movie. It was far more complicated than just offering her more money.

Ninja Kat
10/30/16, 06:59 PM
Kimberly was cool. But it worked out because we got Katherine.

Yellow Fan Forever
10/30/16, 07:01 PM
Just like when we lost Aisha and got a great Ranger in Tanya.

Massive Ego
10/30/16, 07:01 PM
You have an interesting deffinition of great.

KimandTommy
10/31/16, 09:19 PM
It was a shame to lose Billy and Aisha but the Yellow Shard really needed to go to Tanya. Since it was for a woman.

Green Alien Ranger
11/01/16, 08:41 PM
In real life, but not necessarily in the PRU.

Lightspeed Zeo
11/01/16, 08:43 PM
Tanya was probably a more well rounded character than Aisha. Who was too much of a carbon copy of Kim at times.

Cassidy Casablancas
11/03/16, 11:28 PM
I actually liked Aisha better. She had more of a personality. I do wish Billy was able to remain a Ranger.

Space Seasons
11/03/16, 11:31 PM
The way the old seasons transitioned to other Rangers was usually pretty lame. They always left for the wrong reasons. At least Billy had a good excuse to retire as a Ranger.

Space Nerd
11/03/16, 11:32 PM
I like that the Space Rangers retired because evil as defeated. Which has become the norm.

Yellow Fan Forever
11/03/16, 11:34 PM
It was a shame to lose Billy and Aisha but the Yellow Shard really needed to go to Tanya. Since it was for a woman.

Yeah, back then Yellow Rangers were always women.

Zarius
11/06/16, 07:40 PM
"...From this point on, you are a Power Ranger"

Watching this back, I wish Billy had worded what he said a bit better, at no point was the yellow portion of the Zeo Crystal "his" to begin with. He should have said something along the lines of "Aisha entrusted her crystal to you" instead, and it'd make for a good continuity nod, as I don't think they brought up Aisha again after they saw her on the viewing globe in the prior episode.

Still, would have been interesting to picture Billy as the Yellow Zeo Ranger. I'm sure there's been some fanfics about that.

PRdude
11/06/16, 07:41 PM
Yes that should have been worded better.

My favorite part was when he said he could always assume the power, were there an emergency. I thought it would be cool if there was a time where he did substitute for one of the rangers, but I'm sure it would have been for one of the guys.

SnoopsWarner
11/06/16, 07:43 PM
Yeah, the doesn't make any sense at all and it didnt even at the time. You really have to stretch it to make it work. He could have said literally anything else.

PrimoPiccolo
11/06/16, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I didn't like how he kind of treated Tanya like she didn't matter when she had just been invited in. I would have written it differently too.

Zarius
11/06/16, 07:46 PM
Maybe if they had done the Rocky back injury angle earlier in the season, Billy could have subbed for him then. Ideally with a happier outcome with Rocky eventually bouncing back from it.

Sentai Envy
11/06/16, 08:00 PM
We don't have problems like this in Sentai. But I guess you don't in American Sentai either.

Sentai Is Forever
11/06/16, 08:03 PM
Maybe we should consider the seasons that failed to adapt Sentai properly Power Rangers. At least the early ones.

Sentai Envy
11/06/16, 08:05 PM
Yeah MMPR shouldn't be considered American Sentai..Neither should Zeo. Perhaps it should start with Lightspeed where they really improved on importing Sentai.

Power Rangers Forever
11/06/16, 08:05 PM
Its all Power Rangers, good or bad.

No Green Spandex
11/06/16, 08:06 PM
You would think the title having Power Rangers in it for all these years would make it obvious.

Gosei Gold
11/06/16, 08:09 PM
I don't think Billy had anything against women or Tanya. He just always thought of himself as a Ranger. Remember Tanya just arrived out of the Blue. And all heck broke lose with the Command Center exploding.

Dark Specter's Revenge
11/06/16, 08:12 PM

There is no way they were going to replace the Yellow Costume. They would have had to reshoot almost all the Ranger Sentai Footage.

MattEmily
11/06/16, 08:37 PM
I don't think it was really about pay. It was more that she was ready to move on in season 3. She wanted to grow her carreer. And just had the final commitment to do the second movie. It was far more complicated than just offering her more money.

exactly I don't think it would have made a difference what kind of salary she got since she was ready to leave.

There is no way they were going to replace the Yellow Costume. They would have had to reshoot almost all the Ranger Sentai Footage.

precisely and they would have needed to re-shoot pretty much a good portion of the ground fights and not to mention they would have needed to make their own zord cockpits as well.

Maligore
11/07/16, 03:47 PM
They were too cheap to have the Gold Ranger from the beginning like they did with White Ranger in season 3.

No Green Spandex
11/07/16, 03:48 PM
So Tommy could be Mr. All Powerful some more? No thank you. I'd rather have Jason back anyway.

Yellow Fan Forever
11/07/16, 03:51 PM
They were too cheap to have the Gold Ranger from the beginning like they did with White Ranger in season 3.

I thought you said you wanted them to maKe Billy yellow?

Maligore
11/07/16, 03:52 PM
I was pointing out another alternative and another reason why they were cheap as usual.

Red Spandex Forever
11/07/16, 03:54 PM
I wouldn't want to give up Jason 's return either. It was tough to see Billy retire however.

Maligore
11/07/16, 03:55 PM
And how would they pull off spending that kind of money? The whole idea was to use the Sentai Footage to cheaply produce a show that could sell toys. MMPR ended up using a lot of originaL footage since the fad was huge. The fad was already dying down by Zeo. Zeo was meant to try to rekindle interest in the brand with a cheaper budget. If they spent the kind of money you are talking about then PR would have been doomed. Since Zeo was considered a failure commercially. As much of a fan favorite season it is.

Not my money why do I care?

Massive Ego
11/07/16, 03:58 PM
How nice of you to tell other people how to spend their money.

No Green Spandex
11/07/16, 03:59 PM
But don't you know? Business don't exist to make money they exist to spend it all.

Maligore
11/07/16, 04:00 PM
Thats all I have said is that they were very cheap. And quit frankly still are.

Massive Ego
11/07/16, 04:01 PM
Its called making business sense....

Captain Codfish
11/07/16, 08:43 PM
Spending all kinds of money on the things Maligore mentions just wouldn't be feasible. Its not being cheap if you are simply doing whats best for business. Someone on the cast was going to have to get demoted or cut.

KimandTommy
11/07/16, 08:58 PM
I really wish Kimberly would have came back and replaced Kat. Who could have fought for the Machine Empire.

MattEmily
11/08/16, 08:00 AM

They only did that in Season 3 because the White Ranger already had his introduction so it's not the same thing.

They were not going to do that with the Gold Ranger because 1. he wasn't a Ranger yet and 2. he was going to be their 6th Ranger so he was going to get a special intro.

Also it has nothing to do with being cheap it's called business smarts. A business person isn't going to make any money if they spend it like crazy.

I Love Lothor
11/08/16, 08:04 AM
I never understood this when I was a kid. But I guess they had to explain why Billy wasn't going to be a Ranger anymore. I don't know why they demoted Yost.

MattEmily
01/04/18, 11:28 AM
"...From this point on, you are a Power Ranger"

Watching this back, I wish Billy had worded what he said a bit better, at no point was the yellow portion of the Zeo Crystal "his" to begin with. He should have said something along the lines of "Aisha entrusted her crystal to you" instead, and it'd make for a good continuity nod, as I don't think they brought up Aisha again after they saw her on the viewing globe in the prior episode.

Still, would have been interesting to picture Billy as the Yellow Zeo Ranger. I'm sure there's been some fanfics about that.

yes you're right he should've worded that a lot better since he had nothing to do with getting any of the Zeo Sub-Crystals BUT in regards to Aisha they do mention her one other time when Tanya had gotten an envelope from her with a map of Mysterio Island and a key to the Auric tiki.

A Gia To Remember
01/04/18, 12:07 PM
I was confused since time changed so Aishia's family never left Africa.

Super Cena
01/04/18, 12:08 PM
Come to think of it , how does that effect the Wild West Rangers?.

MattEmily
01/04/18, 12:20 PM
I was confused since time changed so Aishia's family never left Africa.

yea that whole mini arc is confusing.

Come to think of it , how does that effect the Wild West Rangers?.

good question but I don't think it does

Power Rangers Forever
01/04/18, 12:26 PM
Yeah MMPR shouldn't be considered American Sentai..Neither should Zeo. Perhaps it should start with Lightspeed where they really improved on importing Sentai.

I wish you took your own advice from back when you posted it. It would have made it more bearble.

Sentai Envy
01/04/18, 12:31 PM
I wish you took your own advice from back whe you posted it. It would have made it more bearble.

I was just playing the party line at the time. That was because I wasn't the leader. We would much rather call imported Japanese Sentai, American Sentai. The dreaded PR word doesn't need to be used. American Sentai isn't used by us based on how well each season was adapted anymore.

Sentai Is Forever
01/04/18, 12:35 PM
Yes, its much better the way we use it now. At that point it was more about which seasons did the best job translating Japanese Sentai. But it evovled to being about givening a more accurate name for the American Imports. Really all Sentai shows are Sentai, regardless of how well the reflect Japanese Sentai.

Sentai Rules
01/04/18, 12:36 PM
Yes I am so glad, because even using that two letter word is insulting to me.

Power Rangers Forever
01/04/18, 12:37 PM
I am sorry I asked lol.

True Blue
01/04/18, 12:57 PM
yea that whole mini arc is confusing.

good question but I don't think it does

I think they didn't want people to get the idea that Aishia was never going to see her family again. MMPR didn't like to do anything dark like that. Especially with Aishia just being a teen.

No Green Spandex
01/04/18, 12:59 PM
It does create the oddity of history changing that would contradict Aishia being in the Wild West episode.

Yellow Fan Forever
01/04/18, 01:00 PM
I think Trini's ancestor was retconned in by the Zeo Crystal.

MattEmily
01/04/18, 01:09 PM
It does create the oddity of history changing that would contradict Aishia being in the Wild West episode.

oh yeah I forgot about that but that's probably the only change that was made.

KimandTommy
01/04/18, 01:44 PM
I wonder if Kimberly would still remember Aisha?

MattEmily
01/04/18, 02:41 PM
I wonder if Kimberly would still remember Aisha?

that's a good question since people not on Earth and those protected by special powers would've protected them but Bulk and Skull didn't remember Cestro so I would guess she wouldn't since she didn't have her coin anymore

Red Lightstar Ranger
01/04/18, 04:25 PM
I wonder if Aisha even remembers her time as a Ranger?

DinoThunderKira
01/04/18, 04:30 PM
Tanya replaced Aisha in the timeline. Her memories weren't effected , just like the other Ranger's memories.