PDA

View Full Version : Power Rangers: RPM fans out there?

DevilishlySnowy
09/20/16, 04:07 AM
I am working on a pitch for a follow up to Power Rangers: RPM using the footage of Go-Busters and would appreciate help with it because well I am not the best event writer/coming up with events. I have worked on it a bit, but here's a little description for it.
In the years since the RPM rangers defeated Venjix and saved the world, life has gotten back on track thanks to their recently discovered alien brethren. They coexist in harmony but there are those, both alien and human alike, that wish to bring back Venjix. The only thing that stands in the way of their victory is an elite team of highly trained individuals. They are Power Ranger: Spec OPS.
Since they skipped over it and made Dino Charge/Super Dino Charge(which I do like as a season), I figure that it would be fine to use. I will try to answer any and all questions asked, if anyone has them.

PRangerX
09/20/16, 11:19 AM
Is this a fan film?

Sentai Is Forever
09/20/16, 11:20 AM
I wish they wouldn't have skipped over Go-busters.

Goldar's Revenge
09/20/16, 11:20 AM
Have you watched a lot of the sentai? That could.be important to know what footage you can use.

DevilishlySnowy
09/20/16, 11:25 AM
Is this a fan film?
More a pitch to Nick for a Netflix show. Could be a movie I suppose, I'm not hard set of it being a series and not sure they'd actually go for it but well thinking they could have the main universe on tv and the RPM universe on Netflix, which would include future seasons they skip over as well as Pre MMPR seasons, using something from the show itself.

DevilishlySnowy
09/20/16, 11:28 AM
Have you watched a lot of the sentai? That could.be important to know what footage you can use.
Of Go-busters specifically, almost done with it. About....3/5's judging from how many episodes it has.

PRangerX
09/20/16, 11:37 AM
More a pitch to Nick for a Netflix show. Could be a movie I suppose, I'm not hard set of it being a series and not sure they'd actually go for it but well thinking they could have the main universe on tv and the RPM universe on Netflix, which would include future seasons they skip over as well as Pre MMPR seasons, using something from the show itself.

Sounds interesting but you would have to make the pitch to Saban Brands since they own the brand. I would suggest researching how to come up with a proffessional pitch. Also write a treatment out.

DevilishlySnowy
09/20/16, 11:48 AM
Sounds interesting but you would have to make the pitch to Saban Brands since they own the brand. I would suggest researching how to come up with a proffessional pitch. Also write a treatment out.
And most assuredly I will do that! Will definitely polish pitch as much as I can, though I do need help in writing it, since not all footage of morphed stuff is usable and while I like it, I don't want to just copy plots of various episodes and well that is one of my weak points, though I do have several ideas for it.

MattEmily
09/20/16, 05:58 PM
It's an interesting idea except for the name since I don't think they would've went with Spec OPS due to the prevalence of GB that is seen in Go-Busters at least according to what I've heard it's not a series that I have watched yet since I'm still going through Go-Onger.

Also just as a fair warning but if you really want to pitch this to Saban Brands you should hire yourself an agent because otherwise they'll just see you as a fan and won't be able to do anything with your ideas due to the legality of it.

DevilishlySnowy
09/20/16, 06:23 PM
It's an interesting idea except for the name since I don't think they would've went with Spec OPS due to the prevalence of GB that is seen in Go-Busters at least according to what I've heard it's not a series that I have watched yet since I'm still going through Go-Onger.

Also just as a fair warning but if you really want to pitch this to Saban Brands you should hire yourself an agent because otherwise they'll just see you as a fan and won't be able to do anything with your ideas due to the legality of it.
I will look into that most certainly. Here's hoping Saban goes for it, would like to see it happen.

PRangerX
09/20/16, 07:13 PM
Yeah hiring an agent would be best.

Goldar's Revenge
09/20/16, 07:16 PM
Not gonna lie its going to be tough to pull off. But I wish you good luck. You should search online for tips on writing treatments and pitching stuff like this. Just in general. There has tonbe information like that somewhere.

MattEmily
09/20/16, 10:40 PM
I will look into that most certainly. Here's hoping Saban goes for it, would like to see it happen.

yea like PRangerX also said hiring an agent would definitely be best but to add another note to this - the odds unfortunately aren't in your favor either because they rely on most of the suits from Japan so if they aren't in good condition then it's going to be pretty much out of luck. I don't think they'll ever go with a situation ever again like they did with VR Troopers where pretty much all of the suits were gone so they had to make their own stuff if they wanted original footage of it.

DevilishlySnowy
09/21/16, 12:30 AM
yea like PRangerX also said hiring an agent would definitely be best but to add another note to this - the odds unfortunately aren't in your favor either because they rely on most of the suits from Japan so if they aren't in good condition then it's going to be pretty much out of luck. I don't think they'll ever go with a situation ever again like they did with VR Troopers where pretty much all of the suits were gone so they had to make their own stuff if they wanted original footage of it.
Hmm. Yeah that could be a problem I fully admit, but VR Troopers was 2 decades ago. If the suits are gone/in meh condition which I honestly don't know and new ones are needed to be made for original footage, they could be more willing with the passage of time. Maybe.

MattEmily
09/21/16, 03:19 PM
Hmm. Yeah that could be a problem I fully admit, but VR Troopers was 2 decades ago. If the suits are gone/in meh condition which I honestly don't know and new ones are needed to be made for original footage, they could be more willing with the passage of time. Maybe.

the whole reason why they use the Sentai footage is because it's very cheap to do so since all they have to do is make their own Ranger suits so that they fit the actual actors for when they have to wear them but otherwise basically everything else that they don't make is borrowed from Toei. It's cheaper for them to rent (or pay for suits) then it'd be for them to make them. They're not going to make a bunch of monsters for original footage.

DevilishlySnowy
03/02/17, 09:45 PM
Hey, SaintlyAngel here(forgot password and stuff to sign in), finished the rough draft of the pilot script(minus most of the morphed stuff). Life just got in the way, but got it done! Anyone interested in reading it, giving their opinions?

DevilishlySnowy
03/02/17, 09:58 PM
SaintlyDevil* My bad, been a while admittedly.

PRangerX
03/02/17, 10:34 PM
Sure. Pm it to me or email..tuxedodragon@aol.com

I merged your old account into your new one. Let me know if you want your old name.

DevilishlySnowy
03/02/17, 10:57 PM
Email sent and oh nah I'm good with my current screen name, thank you for that though :)

PRangerX
03/02/17, 11:04 PM
Np Ill try to give it read and email back with feedback when. I can.

Yellow Fan Forever
03/04/17, 08:12 AM
A sequel to RPM would probably be hard to pull off but good luck.