PDA

View Full Version : Re-do a Power Rangers Season - Overdrive

MattEmily
12/16/15, 09:17 PM
Here's one for Operation Overdrive.

mbozzo
10/09/16, 09:55 PM
I would change little except that I'll do an episode, where on a slow day, the Overdrive Rangers are watching a dubbed episode of the Sentai version of their team. I also will introduce the American version of AkaRed in the 'Once A Ranger' 2 parter, replacing Adam as the leader of the Legendary Rangers. ;)

Sentai Master
10/10/16, 10:42 AM
That's kind of like the "Lost in Translation" episode. Interesting idea.

PRangerX
10/10/16, 10:48 AM
I have this interesting idea, that might not have been realistic at the time. But these threads allow us to have fun with this type of stuff. So might as well share.

Instead of one team up, bring back the Once A Rangers for the whole season. Except they use the OO Powers. Make them an All Star team going up against the various villain factions that want the Carona Aurora. Have Thrax be Dark Specter's son instead. Thrax could have come in and reformed the Alliance of Evil in the end. But it gets even better....

I would omit Bridge and have Mack be the Rookie Red. Instead of Hartford, Tommy Oliver would be the mentor. Mack would be the robotic son Tommy secretly created who he reluctantly lets become Red Ranger.

Tyzonn would be a monster that becomes good and ends up becoming human. Leading to him becoming Mercury Ranger.

Rangerlord
10/10/16, 10:49 AM
I wish Will really betrayed the team in that one episode. At the time I really thought he betrayed the team until the big reveal. I was pretty disappointed. It would have made things interesting.

Yellow Fan Forever
10/10/16, 10:50 AM
I would have made Miratrix the big bad.

Everyone Loves Rocky
10/10/16, 12:35 PM
They should have brought back Lord Zedd.

Adam White Tiger
10/10/16, 12:39 PM
I would have made Adam red, PRX.

MattEmily
10/10/16, 10:44 PM
I wish Will really betrayed the team in that one episode. At the time I really thought he betrayed the team until the big reveal. I was pretty disappointed. It would have made things interesting.

would've fit his real life character that's for sure.

I would have made Miratrix the big bad.

Nice idea but I think it works better with Kamdor being the leader of their faction but neither one of them should have been the Big Bad.

They should have brought back Lord Zedd.

Absolutely not but I would've fine with someone like Goldar, Master Vile, Gasket, Archeerina or they could have even went with King Aradon who we had never saw in the show despite being name dropped by Zordon.

Instead of one team up, bring back the Once A Rangers for the whole season. Except they use the OO Powers. Make them an All Star team going up against the various villain factions that want the Carona Aurora. Have Thrax be Dark Specter's son instead. Thrax could have come in and reformed the Alliance of Evil in the end. But it gets even better....

I would omit Bridge and have Mack be the Rookie Red. Instead of Hartford, Tommy Oliver would be the mentor. Mack would be the robotic son Tommy secretly created who he reluctantly lets become Red Ranger.

Tyzonn would be a monster that becomes good and ends up becoming human. Leading to him becoming Mercury Ranger.

I prefer the teamup we had despite its issues I wouldn't have been a happy with pretty much the whole Overdrive team being previous Rangers since a new team should be filled with new people. Nice idea with Thrax but how would you do that? He looked like Zedd and Rito mostly so he would've needed a new suit if he was Dark Specter's son.

PRangerX
10/11/16, 08:24 AM
Yeah,would have required a new suit. Or it would have been one of those things where they had one idea and changed it. But you see evidence of the original plan. In this case Spector's son would look like Zedd for some odd reason.

Obviously, an All Star team all seasons would have been hard to pull off. But why does a Ranger team need to be new every year? In the beginning that wasn't the case.

Sentai Is Forever
10/11/16, 11:21 AM
I agree with Matt, Power Rangers should have different casts every year. Every season should be like a new season like the Sentai.

Goldar's Revenge
10/11/16, 11:30 AM
Except ....Power Rangers isn't Sentai. There is no reason why they can't change things up and do their own thing. The idea of a All Star Ranger season doesn't sound realistic though.

If I were to change OO, I would have Robo Mack able to grow and age. It would have fixed the pothole of why Hartford buit him to be so old. Mack wouldn't be turned human in the end. He would remain a robot. The team up would have had better focus on the old Ranger. And the story wouldn't show how unlikeable they were were. Which is something that would need to be changed for the whole season.

A Gia To Remember
10/11/16, 11:31 AM
I would explain why that ghost was suddenly a live again ...The one with the pirate.

MattEmily
10/11/16, 03:02 PM
I agree with Matt, Power Rangers should have different casts every year. Every season should be like a new season like the Sentai.

while I agree to a point things shouldn't be exactly like Sentai. Yes a new season should have new people.

Except ....Power Rangers isn't Sentai. There is no reason why they can't change things up and do their own thing. The idea of a All Star Ranger season doesn't sound realistic though.

If I were to change OO, I would have Robo Mack able to grow and age. It would have fixed the pothole of why Hartford buit him to be so old. Mack wouldn't be turned human in the end. He would remain a robot. The team up would have had better focus on the old Ranger. And the story wouldn't show how unlikeable they were were. Which is something that would need to be changed for the whole season.

I agree that Power Rangers isn't Sentai I'm all for them changing things up and I agree that an All Star season doesn't sound realistic.

That would have been a good idea with the android Mack being capable of aging but I was actually for him becoming human in the end since it was an obvious feel-good story especially after he was destroyed due to using the full powers of the Red Sentinel Ranger.

PRangerX
10/11/16, 07:16 PM
Why do you think they need to have brand new Rangers every new season?

MattEmily
10/12/16, 07:25 AM
Why do you think they need to have brand new Rangers every new season?

I think it keeps things fresh which is a good thing as long as it's done right one way it wasn't done right is when earlier in the series they had rookie Reds and always did the same thing with them in the beginning since they were rookies however I'm not saying that the whole team needs to be fresh but it would definitely make things easier in situations when they might use Japanese footage like for example of the Legendary Battle that we had last year - they tried hiding Tommy's additional powers but it didn't work due to the Sentai shots.

PRangerX
10/12/16, 11:30 AM
I don't think it would hurt to have continuing seasons where it makes sense. Changing it up three or four years makes sense though.

MMPR Forever
10/12/16, 11:33 AM
I would had the Rangers be the children of the original MMPR team. Battling the children of Rita and Zedd. Tyzonn could have been a new friend. But I would make sure it was about teenagers with attitude and monsters of the day. No quest for the gem crap.

Yellow Fan Forever
10/12/16, 11:36 AM
I would have made Ronny an explorer and archeologist. Just like Lora Croft.

MattEmily
10/12/16, 07:29 PM
I don't think it would hurt to have continuing seasons where it makes sense. Changing it up three or four years makes sense though.

that's true but they also got lucky with the footage when they did that with MMPR-Turbo since nothing was totally out there and even in the case of Space nothing was too out there.

I would had the Rangers be the children of the original MMPR team. Battling the children of Rita and Zedd. Tyzonn could have been a new friend. But I would make sure it was about teenagers with attitude and monsters of the day. No quest for the gem crap.

I disagree with the gems thing since that was something fun to see.
I do like the idea that a Ranger team should be related to a previous team and I do like the idea that a Ranger team should face relatives of that villain as long as it makes some realm of sense however the Ranger thing shouldn't be done unless we get to see their Parents.

Turbo Black
10/12/16, 07:40 PM
Since they are two years behind they could make it work.

Kimmy Repulsa
10/12/16, 11:57 PM
The season really needed a one big bad that brought all the bad guys together in the end. And not for just one team up episode. Thrax wasn't the right main villain either.

Usagi Reborn
10/13/16, 11:23 PM
I think that would have helped. The villian's just weren't that interesting. Especially Moltar and Flurious.

Zeo Power
10/14/16, 09:34 PM
I would have the mission be to find the Zeo Shards hidden by the Zeo Rangers (once they retired after FR).