PDA

View Full Version : The Sword of Darkness

Todd Oliver
06/05/15, 11:37 AM
Anyone find it wierd that Rita put Tommy under her spell before she gave him the sword. And the sword ended up being the key to breaking the spell. But wouldn't he still be under Rita's original spell?

MattEmily
06/05/15, 04:02 PM
yea I always found that weird as well but I suppose once she gave him the Sword of Darkness it transferred the source of the spell from her to it... what's even weirder is that the Green Mutant Ranger (the one led by Commander Crayfish) also had an identical Sword of Darkness even though Tommy's Sword of Darkness was destroyed by Jason.

Mr. CD
06/05/15, 04:57 PM
Finster said the sword would keep Tommy under Rita's spell forever, so I believe without it, the spell would have eventually worn off.

MattEmily
06/05/15, 06:09 PM
Finster said the sword would keep Tommy under Rita's spell forever, so I believe without it, the spell would have eventually worn off.

that's an interesting way of looking at it as well perhaps the spell would have already worn off at some point since her magic wasn't as powerful as say Lord Zedd's magic was and I believe it was stated that the Sword of Darkness was actually an item that was once Zordon's so it would stand to reason that the Sword would be exceptionally powerful.

Captain Codfish
06/05/15, 07:12 PM
Tommy could have broke the spell like Kat did. The sword prevented this. Notice how short Billy was under Rita's power when he took the Dragon Dagger.

Inner Senshi
06/05/15, 07:13 PM
The sword's power overwrote Rita's original spell with a stronger one.

Power Sentai
06/05/15, 07:20 PM
It would have been pretty powerful if Tommy would have died in Jason's arms like Burai did for Geki. It would have been cool if they used the original idea of biker Rocky being Green Ranger and made him white instead.

Ranger Hero
06/07/15, 06:22 PM
Is the Sword of Light relationship to the Darkness Sword or are they completely unrelated items?

MattEmily
06/07/15, 07:10 PM
Is the Sword of Light relationship to the Darkness Sword or are they completely unrelated items?

They would be unrelated since the Sword of Light was on an deserted place the question one has to ask themselves however is whether the Sword of Power has any connection to the Sword of Darkness.

Ranger Hero
06/07/15, 09:26 PM
Thats possible. Although, sword of power sounds evil.

MattEmily
06/08/15, 12:52 AM
The Sword of Power wasn't evil though it was a 1-time weapon that the Rangers ended up using but they never fought with it since Zedd had stolen it via brainwashing Tommy who gave it to Goldar who then gave it to Robogoat.

PRangerX
06/08/15, 09:32 AM
It was so random too. They talked about it like we were supposed to know what it was. Almost felt like we missed an episode that never happened.

MattEmily
06/10/15, 10:01 AM
It was so random too. They talked about it like we were supposed to know what it was. Almost felt like we missed an episode that never happened.

actually it did feel like we had missed an episode because of how the Sword of Power was introduced... its introduction was so Gosei-like random and out of the blue.

Kilobyte
06/10/15, 11:08 AM
The Sword must have been the original Power Source for the coins.It was probably found ith the coins. Once the coins lost power so did the sword.

Everyone Loves Rocky
06/10/15, 11:10 AM
I think the Sword of Darkness was a replica of the real one.