PDA

View Full Version : Is Alpha 5 really dead?

Captain Codfish
05/28/15, 07:18 PM
Amit Bhaumik mentioned that he considered Alpha Five to have been killed during the Eltar invasion. This was when he visited the PR Newsgroup after Wild Force.

MattEmily
05/28/15, 08:33 PM
It's a good question but I don't believe he is since the Blue Senturion survived the attack and apparently so did the Robot Rangers.

Rangermanuel
05/28/15, 08:54 PM
I was so disappointed Alpha 5 never came back

Lightspeed Zeo
05/28/15, 10:24 PM
Since it never was stated on screen the current writers could retcon it. While its possible Alpha died on Eltar. I like to think Six's new voice chip was from 5. Explaining why he acted like Alpha 5 in Space.

MMPR Forever
05/29/15, 11:28 AM
I think Alpha 5 is alive. I would like to think he retired to Edenoi after the defeat of Specter where the planet has been rebuilt since Dregon's defeat.

Rangermanuel
05/29/15, 12:27 PM
Maybe he did retire come to think of it

Gosei Gold
05/29/15, 10:16 PM
I was hoping the Rangers were going to find Alpha Five in Angel Grove during "Once A Ranger". But they decided to go with Six for some reason.

MattEmily
05/30/15, 03:20 AM
I was hoping the Rangers were going to find Alpha Five in Angel Grove during "Once A Ranger". But they decided to go with Six for some reason.

probably because Disney wasn't allowing them access to the original voice actors and they didn't want to taint such an iconic Alpha with a bad replacement voice.

Gosei Gold
05/30/15, 08:08 AM
But they replaced the original VA for Alpha 6 anyway?

Turbo Black
05/30/15, 08:11 AM
If Alpha wasn't dead you would think he would have been in "Forever Red" rather then 7. But Amit wrote the episode and to him Alpha 5 had been destroyed.

MattEmily
05/30/15, 08:32 AM
But they replaced the original VA for Alpha 6 anyway?

not quite since the "attitude one" during Turbo was a different voice actor but then they had Wendee Lee do the "new chip" voice for Space and Galaxy so Alpha 6's voice actor was technically already changed.

MattEmily
05/30/15, 08:34 AM
If Alpha wasn't dead you would think he would have been in "Forever Red" rather then 7. But Amit wrote the episode and to him Alpha 5 had been destroyed.

not necessarily since it's entirely possible Alpha 5 decided to retire to Edenoi.

Yes Amit wrote the episode of "Forever Red" but that was in Wild Force and he's not part of the production anymore so his word doesn't mean much.

Gosei Gold
05/30/15, 12:04 PM
not quite since the "attitude one" during Turbo was a different voice actor but then they had Wendee Lee do the "new chip" voice for Space and Galaxy so Alpha 6's voice actor was technically already changed.

Yes, but they got a new voice actor in " Once A Ranger" for Alpha 6. They could having done the same for Alpha 5

MattEmily
05/30/15, 12:39 PM
Yes, but they got a new voice actor in " Once A Ranger" for Alpha 6. They could having done the same for Alpha 5

yes they could have but then they would've had the masses even attacking the choice even more than they already do - not a lot of people even care about Alpha 6.

Rangermanuel
05/30/15, 03:05 PM
I personally liked Alpha 6's female voice from Space and Lost Galaxy

Green Scorpion Ranger
06/01/15, 08:45 PM
I think Alpha 5 is still alive and on Eltar. Probably assisting someone in Zordon's family. Zordon mentioned he had family in the Turbo premiere.

MMPR Forever
06/01/15, 08:46 PM
Yeah it would make no sense to kill off Alpha 5. It was bad enough when they killed off Zordon. I almost gave up for good when Zordon got killed off.

Rangermanuel
06/02/15, 10:31 PM
^Well you should not give up. The PR legacy has been in good hands most of the time after the Zordon era ended

MattEmily
06/03/15, 12:06 AM
^Well you should not give up. The PR legacy has been in good hands most of the time after the Zordon era ended

I agree... sure it was disappointing with Zordon's sacrifice but it was a good ending to Space and to the United Alliance of Evil's reign... would I have liked to see the Rangers triumph without Zordon dying? Of course I would have but then you leave a lot of questions open in regards to why he's not Mentoring the new teams of Rangers... I mean he was an alien so we don't even know how long he was capable of actually living for.

Rangermanuel
06/06/15, 01:51 PM
I really wished that would have happened too MattEmily but it was for the best. Besides, the reason why Space was supposed to be the final season of PR in the first place was because the Turbo season ratings and the franchise's popularity was collapsing

PRangerX
06/06/15, 04:46 PM
Actually Turbo got good ratings. Zeo was the one that flopped. But yeah at one point it was thought that Space was the final year.

Zordon's sacrifice had to happen to balance out the miracle defeat of the UAE. It was good writing, as sad as it is for the viewer. It also balances out Karone's ressurection..

Rangermanuel
06/07/15, 03:35 PM
What I meant to point out was the Turbo season was a flop By the way Zeo is my number one favorite PR season

Ecliptor should have been spared there was not enough screentime for Rita Zedd and Divatox to foreshadow their purification but everyone else's fate like Elgar Golar and others was super appropriate. Kinda obvious that it had to happen since it was time for the franchise to move on and the former Turbo Rangers with it

MattEmily
06/07/15, 03:57 PM
I agree with you in regards to Ecliptor but Divatox was human and Dimitria's supposed twin sister so she had to be purified but in the case of Rita and Zedd we really have no clue whether they were once human or not since nothing was ever shared in regards to their backgrounds. I disagree with Elgar since he should've been purified same thing with Finster but ones such as Goldar should've been dusted in the event that he was dusted since we didn't even see the wave hit him or anything like we saw it hit Havoc, Mondo and Machina.

Rangermanuel
06/07/15, 04:09 PM
I have to agree with you she had to purified but too bad Dimitria was never seen again after Turbo but it obviously had to happen to Rita and Zedd because they deeply loved each other. Elgar he was really funny but I think his comic mojo decreased after assigned to work with Karone

PRangerX
06/07/15, 05:05 PM
Oh so you mean Turbo was a flop creatively to you?

Good point about Rita and Zedd but being purified because of their love. That makes a lot of sense.

I think Elgar was tond down because Space had more serious villains. Elgar was actually better in Space since he was the only comedy villain. In Turbo comedy on the villain side was overdone.

Calamity Kimberly
06/07/15, 05:06 PM
Rita and Zedd loved each other.The pure love has to be what saved them. But I wonder why Mystic Mother wasn't with Zedd in MF.

Turbo Guy
06/07/15, 05:16 PM
I agree Elgar was much funnier in Turbo. As a Turbo fan, I did love having Elgar back. It wasn't quite the same though. The Space villains weren't as interesting but I like whacky villains the best.

No Green Spandex
06/07/15, 05:21 PM
Its funny that Zeo wasn't a success and Turbo did better....Since so many fans love Zeo and hate Turbo.

Rangermanuel
06/08/15, 11:08 AM
Oh so you mean Turbo was a flop creatively to you?

Good point about Rita and Zedd but being purified because of their love. That makes a lot of sense.

I think Elgar was tond down because Space had more serious villains. Elgar was actually better in Space since he was the only comedy villain. In Turbo comedy on the villain side was overdone.

No I heard comments saying it was the least liked season and I agree Turbo has to be the worst season ever. I still think it was appropriate for Elgar to turn into dust.

Rangermanuel
06/08/15, 11:08 AM
^^^ Maybe Rita sometime ago was left a widow

Captain Codfish
06/08/15, 02:24 PM
Well if you consider Super Legends canon Zedd went evil again...o that probably ended the relationship. Especially with him being lost in time.

Rangermanuel
06/08/15, 08:53 PM
I find it very hard to believe

Captain Codfish
06/09/15, 11:45 AM
It depends on whether you consider the video games canon. It's always mirky for most franchises unless explicitly stated.

Rangerlord
06/09/15, 11:50 AM
I find it hard to believe that Alpha 5 is really dead. I respect the people who work on the show. But I don 't consider what they say outside of the writers room as automatic canon. Also Super Legends is not part of the main canon and is just a video game. Zedd s still human and probably marriage to Rita. Even if we didn't see him in "Mystic Fate".

I saw this thread here and had to register to comment.

Rangermanuel
06/09/15, 12:21 PM
I find it hard to believe that Alpha 5 is really dead. I respect the people who work on the show. But I don 't consider what they say outside of the writers room as automatic canon. Also Super Legends is not part of the main canon and is just a video game. Zedd s still human and probably marriage to Rita. Even if we didn't see him in "Mystic Fate".

I saw this thread here and had to register to comment.

I respect the people from the show too especially Judd Lynn

Everyone Loves Rocky
06/10/15, 11:13 AM
I think Alpha 5 is alive and well. It would be a shame to kill him off.

Rangermanuel
06/12/15, 10:05 AM
Defintely would break the hearts of PR fans past and present

KimandTommy
06/12/15, 11:28 AM
Yeah it just isn't right. At least Zordon got a great death scene that meant something. But killing Alpha off screen would be a waste.

Rangermanuel
06/12/15, 01:05 PM
After all he too loved by the fans just as much as Zordon