PDA

View Full Version : Rose McIver on Conan

PRangerX
04/30/15, 11:31 AM
Rose McIver ( Summer RPM) was on Conan last night to promote izombie.

MattEmily
04/30/15, 03:45 PM
*goes to see if it's available on Free Primetime On Demand... yet"

MattEmily
04/30/15, 03:48 PM
*goes to see if it's available on Free Primetime On Demand... yet"

oops made a mistake it's available for free on Entertainment On Demand.

MattEmily
05/04/15, 09:17 AM
I forgot to post about this but that kind of disappointed me that no one even brought up her Power Rangers role.

PRangerX
05/04/15, 09:51 AM
Not surprising since she was there to promote izombie.

Massive Ego
05/04/15, 09:53 AM
The general public doesn't care about PR after MMPR. Plus the target audience for Conan wouldn't.

Superstatler
05/04/15, 09:58 AM
I doubt Rose or her people consider it a carreer highlight.

MattEmily
05/04/15, 03:42 PM
Not surprising since she was there to promote izombie.
true but other Hosts would have brought it up. Carson for example brought it up when she was on his show back in March.

The general public doesn't care about PR after MMPR. Plus the target audience for Conan wouldn't.
maybe maybe not in regards to the target audience but a Host would typically bring up prior highlights for an actor or actress regardless of what it was.

I doubt Rose or her people consider it a carreer highlight.

it was kind of her big break though so I'm sure she does consider it to be a bigger deal than most actors would... plus on top of which it was brought up that Bryan Cranston (of "Breaking Bad" fame) did the voice of Snizzard on a late night TV show and most people don't care about the voice actors unless you're Barbara Goodson, Robert Axelrod, Dave Mallow, Michael Sorich, Wendee Lee, Kerrigan Mahan, Richard Horvitz, the late Bob Manahan and the late Bob Papenbrook or any of the other voice actors that voiced lead villains or their Generals... if you did the voice of a Monster-of-the-Day then people aren't going to typically care about you regardless of who you are.

Sailor Saban
05/07/15, 09:17 PM
I'm just glad to see a former Ranger Actor do good. Nice to see that they don't have to worry about being typecast anymore.

MattEmily
10/17/16, 12:30 AM
I'm just glad to see a former Ranger Actor do good. Nice to see that they don't have to worry about being typecast anymore.

when you're only a Ranger for 1 year they don't need to worry about that such a thing was only an issue earlier in the series because they had carried over to the following seasons.

Ginger Snap
10/24/16, 09:41 PM
Wow, didn't realize she was the same actor. Silly me. I guess she isn't going to be typecast by me.

Captain Mutiny
10/24/16, 09:50 PM
Its possible they could have brought it up. They probably just ran out of time or didn't think it was important enough. Since the main goal was promoting her current show. It is nice that others have been able to get it in.

Tommy Angel
10/24/16, 10:36 PM
I hate it when the actors don't mention Power Rangers. I can't watch Rose's new show anyway. I hate shows about zombies. Way too gross for my tastes. I loved her work as Lily though.

MattEmily
10/25/16, 11:34 PM
I hate it when the actors don't mention Power Rangers. I can't watch Rose's new show anyway. I hate shows about zombies. Way too gross for my tastes. I loved her work as Lily though.

Lily?

Tommy Angel
10/26/16, 08:09 AM
Oh I had her confused with the actress that played Lily. I'm not a real big fan or Summer actually.

MMPR Guy
10/26/16, 08:10 AM
when you're only a Ranger for 1 year they don't need to worry about that such a thing was only an issue earlier in the series because they had carried over to the following seasons.

Jason,Zack, and Trini were Rangers for just over a year and got typecast.

MattEmily
10/26/16, 03:30 PM
Jason,Zack, and Trini were Ranger s for just over a year and got typecast.

technically they were Rangers for a year and a half but we really don't know if all of them got typecast or not. Walter was able to get work just fine so he wasn't typecast.

It's possible with Austin and Thuy but we don't really know how hard they were looking for work.

Captain Codfish
10/27/16, 11:34 AM
They were also the originals during the hieght of the shows popularity. So they would be the ones typecast.

Goldar's Revenge
10/27/16, 07:52 PM
The actors are under no obligation to promote the show once there tenure on the show is over. Power Rangers isn't going to be the be end all for an actor. Its just a job for most of them.