PDA

View Full Version : So I decided I am going to give Samurai another chance

MMPR Forever
03/14/15, 12:20 PM
With all the talk of me being blinded by nostalgia, I think I should give Samurai another chance. Especially since its been mentioned by some that it had some MMPR qualities. Maybe I just let my disapointment take over. I also did miss an few episodes. I am going to rewatch it with an open mind and no expectations. I may still hate it but might as well give it a second chance. Since Dino Charge looks like a bust.

Usagi Reborn
03/14/15, 12:23 PM
So of all seasons, thats the one you decide to give a second chance to? I hope it works out but I think you are going to be disapointed again. Samurai as just a terribly excuted season. And I don't see how an MMPR purest could like it. Good luck.

The Ghost Ranger
03/14/15, 04:08 PM
I would say at least give some of the non cross over seasons a look. Jungle Fury for example. OR if you wanna do continutnity, do something like Time Force and Wild Force.

Sensei Ranger
03/14/15, 09:47 PM
Ninja Storm would be a good season to try again. It tried to be a fresh take on MMPR too.

Decepticon
03/14/15, 10:17 PM
Ninja Storm did a much better job with that. The characters really came to life. Which is something that Samurai failed at. It had similarities to its source material but wasn't just a souless remake.

MattEmily
03/14/15, 10:29 PM
Ninja Storm did a much better job with that. The characters really came to life. Which is something that Samurai failed at. It had similarities to its source material but wasn't just a souless remake.

I completely agree. Ninja Storm was original but it also did take some things from the Sentai such as the whole thing in regards to the Thunder Rangers the only difference is that in Hurricanger they were more rebels who were supposed to be bad whereas in Power Rangers they initially created them to be Rangers that were manipulated and then were brainwashed for a few episodes.

Khan's Wrath
03/14/15, 10:58 PM
It was a stretch for them to work with Lothor after what he did to the Thunder Acadamy. Why would they work with the man that kidnapped their mentor amd all their friends? The Thunders should have hated Lothor as much as they did Sensei at first.

Kelly Power
03/14/15, 11:04 PM
They were just blinded by their need for revenge. Once they got past that they realized the truth about Lothor. And were probably disgusted with themselves for helping them.

No Green Spandex
03/14/15, 11:05 PM
Well I'd imagine they weren't too happy once they found out they were working with their parents' killer.

Dayu's Tears
03/15/15, 12:47 PM
Samurai was a good season. It was a good mix of Power Rangers and Sentai. So many MMPR throwbacks too. It was all a good mix of humor and drama. The Rangers were really heroic. I liled Jayden and think he is among one of the best Rangers ever.

Karone White Tiger
03/15/15, 01:53 PM
With all the talk of me being blinded by nostalgia, I think I should give Samurai another chance. Especially since its been mentioned by some that it had some MMPR qualities. Maybe I just let my disapointment take over. I also did miss an few episodes. I am going to rewatch it with an open mind and no expectations. I may still hate it but might as well give it a second chance. Since Dino Charge looks like a bust.

you're giving Samurai (one of the worse seasons on record) a second chance instead of something else? That doesn't make any realm of sense. Yes they tried putting some MMPR into it (Bulk, Spike) but it just didn't work especially with a season that Tzachor was copying and pasting Shinkenger into Samurai even to the point that some of the dialogue was just god awful.