PDA

View Full Version : RPM Vs Terminator

The Ghost Ranger
01/20/15, 03:49 AM
I've been thinking, and this may not make sense but bear with me on my thought process. Did anyone ever consider RPM to be a more lighter and softer version of The Terminator movies?

Think about it for just a sec:

1. Bleak future or Alternate timeline

2. Skynet/Venjix trashed Earth completely

3. A resistance is fighting a war against machines

4. A part man part machine warrior helps the resistance

Thats all I can think of now to compare, but it hit me recently. What do you guys think?

PRangerX
01/20/15, 02:20 PM
I think its a good observation. Eddie mentioned that he was inspired by a lot of 80s movies. Its very likely that Terminator was one of then. I think there is some Mad Max in there too. I have had the terminator observation brought up a few times. Its also a very common theme in scifi. The idea of machines taking over the world.

Captain Codfish
01/20/15, 02:38 PM
Only thing missing is the time travel storyline. Just glad they didn't use Christian Bale.

Sailor Danger
01/21/15, 10:43 PM
Dillion kinda was like Sam Worthington's character in Terminator 4. In that he was a human built into a would be killer. They both over came that and became something more noble.

MMPR Forever
01/21/15, 10:45 PM
This is why I didn't like RPM. It was too much of a ripp off of Terminator. I want to watch Power Rangers not Terminator the series.

No Green Spandex
01/22/15, 04:15 PM
I can diffinitly see where Terminator could have been an infulence. Machines taking over is a very similar concept. Plus you had Venjix making all these attacm bots. Venjix was also a super computer like Skynet.

Kilobyte
01/22/15, 07:04 PM
I can see where you thought that. But I just think its more about the robot theme. Which is very popular in film and television. Long before Terminator.

Usagi Reborn
01/24/15, 07:23 PM
Probably true. All though I always felt that Terminator was overrated. It was pretty much a glorified B movie. But I guess that works for PR.