PDA

View Full Version : Why is the reversioning so reviled?

Fire&Thunder
12/08/14, 06:29 PM
So, they added cheesy and cheap comic book and animesque effects to a (charmingly in my opinion) cheesy and cheap show. Sometime it got excessive but other times it just seemed like whatever.

My only real issues with the reversioning was they edited out Squatt spiking the drinks in Foul Play in the Sky, which made no fucking sense.

Oh and I detested that Disney still did their stupid 32 episode rule (its not like it wasn't already a cheap project for them) when they should have had at least done 40 episodes, or if they only had time for 32 episodes, skip 8 of the boring episodes so you can end on Doomsday part 2.

Which reminds me imagine if the 32nd episode in production order was like Green Candle part 1. The reversioning would have ended on a cliffhanger

PRangerX
12/08/14, 06:30 PM
The bad graphic edits were a huge turn off. Adding text to the putty battles ruined them. They took a show that looked fine and made a lot of silly unneeded edits. I would have rather then just reshow MMPR season 1 as is. Thankfully Saban Brands has steered clear of the revision entirely.

Zabitan
12/08/14, 06:54 PM
I think the fact that they just took the first season added a bunch of effects tried to pass it off as a new season had something to do with it.

Disney Ranger
12/15/14, 04:09 PM
I kinda liked it. It was funny. But I prefer MMPR the way it was.

Captain Codfish
12/15/14, 04:14 PM
What a terrible way to reintroduce MMPR to a new audience! It was just a lame way of putting together a cheap "new season". Just show MMPR as it is. Smartest thing Saban Brands did was distancing itself from the revision.

Turbo Guy
12/15/14, 04:17 PM
Yeah pretty dumb, of course if it was up to me they would have just showed Turbo. But not many people seem to like Turbo as much as me lol.

Sailor Dragonzord
12/18/14, 06:21 PM
Its bad enough we had to deal with 90s hacked dubs of animes. We don't need to hack something that was already an hacked version of something else. Why mess with MMPR?

Willow
12/18/14, 06:22 PM
They should have just done a 20 episode season or something. They could have saved money and still had something to sell. Its better than trying to mess with MMPR and call it new.

Sailor Chaos
12/18/14, 06:25 PM
I'd rather forget that it even happened. Its just like Saban Moon to me. But at least that was just a failrd piolet that only leaked out years later. I dont't know why they thought fans would be okay with this instead of a real new season.

Captain Codfish
12/18/14, 08:25 PM
Saban Moon ? Don't even get me started.on that lol.

MattEmily
12/19/14, 12:30 AM
no doubt I would like to forget either one ever happened as well however

Saban actually had nothing to do with the so-called Saban Moon.

NOTE: The spoiler thing isn't truly a spoiler it's just a test so I can see if it will work okay in Chrome and Firefox.

Sailor Danger
12/22/14, 10:48 PM
Thats interesting? Then why do people call it Saban Moon?

MMPR Forever
12/22/14, 10:49 PM
I kinda of like the idea of Saban Moon. Reminds me of MMPR.

Captain Codfish
12/22/14, 10:50 PM
Nah, we never would have got the original anime that way. We would have got something far different from the source material than even the Dic Dub gave us.

Turbo Guy
12/22/14, 10:51 PM
I thought the revision was pretty cool. Loved the graphics they added to the putty battles. Wish they did that with Turbo. So funny.

Kilobyte
12/22/14, 10:53 PM
I beg to differ the graphics were a big turn off like PRX said several posts ago. The whole thing was just rediculus and showed Disney didn't really know what to do with the franchise anymore.

Saban Moon was just a bad idea, who ever was in charge of it. There is a reason it didn't make it. Toei would never have allowed it anyway.

Captain Codfish
12/25/14, 10:24 AM
They should have just done a 20 episode season or something. They could have saved money and still had something to sell. Its better than trying to mess with MMPR and call it new.

I don't think Disney was interested in doing more first run PR. So they came out with MMPR Revision to save money and to experiment if they coukd repurpose the old episode. The experiment turned out poorly.

Starlight Starbrite
12/28/14, 12:34 PM
It was just un-needed. Most of the edits were distracting. Count me in with the people who hated the Adam West style putty fights.

Lord Leo
12/28/14, 03:37 PM
The putty battles are what ruined it for me too. We don't get a lot of unmorphed fighting now. But to tottally ruin the exisiting fights is silly. The whole thing was just a mess.