PDA

View Full Version : Was Zordon a Power Ranger?

PRangerX
12/07/14, 08:26 PM
Its never been made.clear, what does everyone think?

MattEmily
12/10/14, 11:17 AM
I don't believe so, Rita seemed to imply that he was like a King or an Emperor and usually sent his own soldiers to fight.

PRangerX
12/10/14, 11:39 PM
It seems like Zordon was the puppet master for the forces of good. He advises all the Ranger teams to carry out his plans. All having to do with defending the universe. Zordon was a crafty guy.

MattEmily
02/18/15, 02:08 PM
exactly Zordon seemed like the Captain of an army if you will.

No Green Spandex
02/20/15, 10:16 PM
I don't think he was a Ranger. He just was smart enough to surround himself with a lot of Rangers Powers. So he could give them to his proteges to protect whatever planet needed protecting. Which for thousands of years was Earth.

MMPR Forever
02/20/15, 10:17 PM
I think Zordon was the original White Ranger. But the powers were lost a long time ago when he got stuck in the Time Warp. He was able to recreate them with Alpha in "White Light". So Tommy would still be able to help the team against Zedd as White Ranger.

A Gia To Remember
02/20/15, 10:18 PM
Zordon was probably a Ranger. But I don't think he had an existing power. His powers were something else that we never have seen.

Decepticon
02/20/15, 10:20 PM
I think Zordon, Rita, Zedd, and Divatox were all Rangers at one point. Something happened to corrupt the bottom three. Which led to the end of Zordon's run as a Ranger and him being stuck in a time warp.

Astronema
02/20/15, 10:24 PM
Perhaps Ecliptor was the Fifth Ranger of that team and the one responsible for selling them out to Dark Spector. He was mortally wounded during the last battle and lost his memories. Spector had him rebuilt into an evil foot soldier. This is why Zordon's Wave vaporized him instead of purified. Despite his true fatherly love for Karone.

VR Master
02/20/15, 10:28 PM
Very interesting ideas. I could see Ecliptor's guilt being so great ( more of a feeling since you said his memories were gone) that they eventually magically became a a separate enity that became Darkonda. Hench who Ecliptor always believed him to be a traitor. When he is really just hating the part of himself that betrayed his team.

Outer Sailor
02/20/15, 10:30 PM
I think Zordon's killed Ecliptor. Since he was afraid he would corrupt Karone again. He couldn't take the chance Ecliptor wouldn't learn his lesson even after being purified.

Superhero Galaxy
02/23/15, 06:50 PM
Zordon was never stated to be a Power Ranger. He was just a mentor, not all mentors are Rangers.

MattEmily
02/23/15, 07:05 PM
I think Zordon's killed Ecliptor. Since he was afraid he would corrupt Karone again. He couldn't take the chance Ecliptor wouldn't learn his lesson even after being purified.

that wouldn't make any sense though since the Power of Good is all about giving second chances and Zordon gave that to Rita, Zedd, Divatox and Astronema by purifying them even though Rita, Zedd and Divatox didn't deserve any second chances due to the numerous evil acts that they had committed.

Gosei Gold
03/02/15, 12:35 AM
Zordon was a Wizard not a Power Ranger. He just knew how to work with the Morphing Grid. Which allowed him to recruit teenagers to become Power Rangers.

Outer Sailor
03/02/15, 12:36 AM
that wouldn't make any sense though since the Power of Good is all about giving second chances and Zordon gave that to Rita, Zedd, Divatox and Astronema by purifying them even though Rita, Zedd and Divatox didn't deserve any second chances due to the numerous evil acts that they had committed.

Perhaps Zordon saw the potential for good in them. Or the three were abducted like Karone and raised to be evil. For what ever reason Zordon didn't feel Ecliptor could be good. There has to be a reason. Hench my theory.

Massive Ego
03/02/15, 12:38 AM
Zordon was just playing favorites. Also the writers made a mistake or didn't want to deal with a human Ecliptor. Simple as that.

Kimmy Repulsa
03/02/15, 12:39 AM
I hated how they did the cop out ending with Zordon saving the Universe magically. They should have had the Space Rangers win on their own or have left it as a cliffhanger for the next season.

Green Alien Ranger
03/09/15, 08:54 PM
I think Zordon was one of the first Power Rangers on Eltar. Its just not clear what powers he actually had.

Chef Mia
03/09/15, 08:56 PM
I hated how they did the cop out ending with Zordon saving the Universe magically. They should have had the Space Rangers win on their own or have left it as a cliffhanger for the next season.

I hated it too. It made no sense. Why didn't Zordon do that in season 1 than? And how was it even possible with him being in a time warp?

MattEmily
03/09/15, 09:33 PM
I hated it too. It made no sense. Why didn't Zordon do that in season 1 than? And how was it even possible with him being in a time warp?

because it wasn't possible as long as he was in a time warp but he wasn't in a time warp during Space. He left the time warp at the beginning of Turbo hence why you don't see him in any tubes when he returns for the "Passing of the Torch" ceremony in Turbo.
Zordon made it quite clear that the tubes in the Command Center and Power Chamber were nothing more than communication channels so it didn't matter what happened to those tubes since his physical essence wasn't even in those tubes.

PRangerX
03/09/15, 11:59 PM
I think the end of C2D was great and well written. It made sense because to defeat evil it was at the cost of Zordon. So that made the whole duex ex machina aspect of it balance out. Sure they saved the world, but the Rangers lost Zordon forever as the price.

Captain Codfish
03/10/15, 12:01 AM
I agree PRX, Countdown was just awesome. And Zordon's sacrifice did make sense, as did Zordon's Wave. The episode was bueatiful in a lot of ways. It will always be unique. The only episode I rate better is "Legendary Battle".

Massive Ego
03/10/15, 12:04 AM
Dude! Legendary doesn't even touch countdown! It was so poorly put together a cop out. A big battle against foot soldiers and a stunt crew can't compare to the greatness of "Countdown to Destruction". It had heart and a sense of adventure. "Legendary Battle" was a lame attempt at a cash in on the anniversary. It had no heart.

MattEmily
03/10/15, 12:26 AM
I think the end of C2D was great and well written. It made sense because to defeat evil it was at the cost of Zordon. So that made the whole duex ex machina aspect of it balance out. Sure they saved the world, but the Rangers lost Zordon forever as the price.

I thought it was disappointing with using Zordon as a deux ex machina to end such a powerful supreme war but it did make sense that in order to end it they were going to need something big to happen since the Space Rangers were being overpowered and any of the allies that they had were elsewhere fighting on other planets and were being defeated.

VR Master
03/10/15, 01:25 AM
I get what PRX is saying. At the end of the day the universe was magically saved. But it was at the cost of Zordon. So a terrible priced was still paid for that miracle.

Super Rad
03/13/15, 10:37 PM
Probably not. I see no evidence in the show that he was. He was just a powerful wizard that ended up with Ranger Powers for his teams.