PDA

View Full Version : Power Rangers refrences/jokes in other TV Shows

Crazy Davey
11/25/14, 12:10 PM
So, I'm working on a little project and thought I could use a bit of help from some people. Does anyone know of any in jokes and/or refrences that were made toward Power Rangers in other TV Shows? Like the episode of Seinfeld where George had a Red Zeo action figure, or the episode of Supernatural that had Dean say "so you're Gods personal little Power Rangers?". Even spoofs to the show are good, like the Animainiacs episode.

Also, if you remember the season and episode title of those shows, please list them.

PRangerX
11/29/14, 11:45 AM
I remember a tv movie in the 90s that had a lot of teens actors from various sitcoms. It was called "Kids In The Woods". Towards the end one of the passive characters took charge. Another character commented on how "He thinks he is a Power Ranger now".

In an episode of Reboot the characters get mecha and form what is basically a Megazord. A clear parody of Power Rangers.

In an episode of Friends, Monicas new Boyfriend is much younger than he says (18). Joeh jokes about her asking who his favorite Ranger is.

MattEmily
11/29/14, 06:21 PM
I actually googled this and found this (http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_references_to_Power_Rangers/Super_Sentai) on the Power Rangers wikia and while I don't personally watch most of these shows myself I will just make a note of the ones that actually reference Power Rangers and not Sentai itself.

American Dad has an episode in Season 6 in which a character is seen in Billy's Ranger suit.

Animaniacs did a spoof on it which involves the 3 siblings defending the WB Studio from a giant bug created by a Rita lookalike.

In Buffy the Vampire Slayer's "What's My Line, Part 2" when Kendra challenges Willow, Buffy makes a joke saying to "Back off, Pink Ranger" which is ironic considering Sarah's stunt actor, Sophia Crawford had been Amy Jo's regular stunt double for not just the show but the movie as well.

In the English dub of the first Digimon Movie, Kari states she got her friend a Pink Ranger Action Figure for her birthday.

There's an Alpha 5 model in a Futurama episode.

In the "Marvel: Avengers Alliance" video game, a character will make a reference to the original morph call of "It's Morphin' Time!" but instead he will say "It's Morphing Time!"