PDA

View Full Version : Mighty Morphin' Plots You Are Surprised They Didn't Have

SuperMegaZord
11/17/14, 09:29 PM
Mighty Morhin' Power Rangers ran for three years, and it seems like every episode dealt with one of the Rangers dealing with a problem, from Zack thinking everyone forgot his birthday to Billy having a fear of fish. What is one plot that you were thinking would happen eventually but never did, or looking back is something you think they could have done an episode around?

One episode idea that I'm surprised they never did in MMPR, but did later on in Turbo, was have an episode where the Pink Ranger was worried about her weight. In the three seasons of MMPR they never used that plot, even though it seems to be one that television writers use sooner or later.

Since Kimberly was a valley girl that was very conscious of appearance, I could have easily imagined an episode where she was worried about her weight and wanted to go on a diet. Maybe she gets on the scale and makes a big deal about a couple of pounds, or during her favorite activity (shopping) she finds something she likes but it's too small. Then Rita would find someway to exploit Kimberly's dilemma like she always does. Not sure which monster would have been a good fit for it, which is maybe why it didn't happen until they had Numbor in Turbo.

MattEmily
11/18/14, 09:46 AM
While it does surprise me the weight thing wasn't ever brought up during MMPR it actually wouldn't make sense for Trini or Kimberly since they weren't that concern about their appearance. Yes Kimberly was a valley girl early on but she eventually grew out of that.

I'm sure the Monster choice had a lot to do with it as well since during Season 1 it was pretty much all Japanese footage with the Monsters.

MattEmily
11/02/17, 10:28 AM
I thought I would bump this up.

Zabitan
11/02/17, 03:51 PM
Off the top of my head I would have liked to see Clotho from Zyuranger or Kujaku from Dairanger as an ally of the Rangers.

And see episodes for all the unused Dairanger, and Kakuranger monsters.

PRangerX
11/02/17, 04:58 PM
MMPR never did it. But Turbo did it a year few years later. . Kat had issues about her weight in one episode.

I always wanted them to do an episode where Rita's evil spell on Kat resurfaces and Tommy breaks the spell by telling her he loves her. This would have made more sense in Zeo. I kind of got close to the reverse when Kat helped Tommy remember his friends.

Forever Jason
11/02/17, 05:01 PM
I would have liked to see an episode that deals with Tommy and Jason working out their leadership issues after "White Light".

Yellow Fan Forever
11/02/17, 05:03 PM
I would have liked to have seen more Trini episodes.

MattEmily
11/02/17, 08:12 PM
I would have liked to have seen more Trini episodes.

me too she really didn't have many episodes to herself
I mean what do we really know about any of the Mighty Morphin crew's background?

Zordon was in a war with Rita before they both got stuck. We have no other info on them really other than Zordon being from Eltar and all who fight for good should know his name

Alpha 5 came from Edenoi after King Lexian created him but how did Alpha and Zordon meet? Did Zordon know of Lexian and had hired him to create Alpha?

We know Tommy was adopted but we really don't have much info on the other Rangers' background history other than Billy being a brainiac and I guess presumably not having a Mom in the past.

MMPR Forever
11/02/17, 08:28 PM
I'd like to have seen an episode with the prom. It would be cool to see everyone get ready for it. Especially Kim and Tommy .

KimandTommy
11/02/17, 08:36 PM
That would have been awesome! Too bad they were way too young to get married or engaged during MMPR. We could use a made for TF movie for that.

Usagi Reborn
11/02/17, 08:43 PM
Except for the fact we know Tommy and Kat are destined to marry at some point.

mbozzo
11/05/17, 05:30 PM
Zeo did show them living together in a christmas episode, but we were never told if it were their first marriage or second. They could have married someone else and moved together later on after the death of the person that they married first. :eek:

Blastr Zack
11/05/17, 06:24 PM
Thats a good point. But they were together long enough to have a child and two grand children. One that was old enough to be a Ranger himself. I like Tommy together with Kim personally. But I have nothing against Kat.

A Gia To Remember
11/05/17, 06:33 PM
Maybe Kimberly married Tommy and after she passed away, Tommy married Kat.

Diabolico Rising
11/05/17, 06:34 PM
That would be a little wierd.

Kameron Poe
11/05/17, 06:37 PM
Not really. It might have been years after the fact. But its also not weird if one of them adopted the others grandchildren after the second marriage. So its not impossible that they could have been married to someone else beforehand. Kimberly or not and Grandchildren or not.

Lothor's Revenge
11/05/17, 06:39 PM
I was gonna say the older grandkid issue but you gave a good answer for that.

Kira Fan
11/05/17, 06:43 PM
I think Tommy married Kira after she was much older and removed from being his student. Kira was attracted to Dr. Oliver He obviously didn't notice this or have romantic feelings for her until she was old enough.

"A Season To Remember" was just a dream Tommy had and not the real future. Tommy and Kat would have been together by now otherwise.

Mesagog Lives
11/05/17, 06:46 PM
Good point, if the Zeo episode is canon, you have to count Kat meeting hee older self in Australia during the Zeo Quest. Which would mean Kat ends him alone in Australia in her late years. Which isn't true either.

I don't think Kira and Tommy will end up together though. If they marry why anyone, it will be to different people.

Dino Blaze
11/05/17, 06:49 PM
Kira winds up with Trent. Tommy winds up with Hailey.I guess you can say thats my fanon.

Massive Ego
11/05/17, 06:56 PM
A lot of people here have ideas that are wrong and they can't be reasoned with. Not even with super fans like us.

White Spandex Rules
11/06/17, 04:14 PM
I would like to have seen the Green Ranger Clone stick around longer.

Bandora's Ghost
11/06/17, 08:04 PM
I would have liked to see an episode about Rocky,Adam, and Aishia adjusting to being Rangers.