PDA

View Full Version : Can a finale be ruined by it's final moments?

ShadeHedgehog
11/11/14, 10:54 AM
This question stemmed after rewatching the RPM finale recently, it was a great one, lots of twists and turns, the Rangers pushed to the brink of defeat, even having 2 rangers "die".
But after everything's seemingly resolved... cliffhanger.
Ugh.

I hate cliffhangers at the end of any TV Show/Video Game/Book when there's no intent to follow up on it, with a passion.
It's one of the main reasons Psi-Ops left a bad taste in my mouth.

And we all knew Disney intended to end RPM right then and there, and we haven't even gotten resolution with it.

That's why Danger and Destiny wasn't my favorite, it was close to the level of Countdown to Destruction for most of the ep, but tarnished(to me) by it's final moments.
Not completely though, just knocked down a few pegs.

So the question is, would great finales like Countdown to Destruction have been ruined if there was a cliffhanger that wouldn't be resolved ever? Like maybe Zedd's staff staying intact or Astronema's personality not being completely wiped out?

PRangerX
11/12/14, 12:05 AM
I think the ending of RPM was just supposed to show that the battle between good and evil will go on. It wasnt supposed to be a cliffhanger.

I think its possible for the endings of finalies to ruin them. If something is done that makes no sense and contradicts the season.