PDA

View Full Version : VR not carbon copy of PR

Red Dino Ranger
11/18/14, 11:48 AM
As a child, I really enjoyed VR Troopers and never considered it a cheap Power Rangers ripoff or something. It had interesting character arcs, it had good writing and it had excellent action!

I haven't rewatched the entire show since then, but I do have some episodes on DVD and I have to say that it holds up rather well. The episodes were still entertaining and the stock footage is all beyond awesome and I think that the Metalder footage actually mixes up rather nicely with Spielban. When they got to Shaider footage I was a bit disappointed. The villain designs went downhill and Grimlord's lair was nowhere near as cool. And while I don't have anything against the Shaider suit, I think I liked Metalder more.

PRangerX
12/15/14, 09:45 PM
I don't think its fair to call it a rip off anyway. It was made by the same company and had some of the same production crews and writers. Sloan was a driving force for season 2. Can't be a rip off of something you're parent company already owns. Plus Metal Hero was a separate franchise from Super Sentai. Even if the general public might not know.

Turbo Guy
12/15/14, 09:45 PM
I remember liking the episode where they turned into kids. But I was a kid myself. So loved Kids as the heros. Don't get me started about Beetleborgs lol.