PDA

View Full Version : The relationship between Dark Spector and Mailgore

PRangerX
11/10/14, 10:45 PM
9/4/10

Everyone who watched early PR knows that Dark Spector's costume is the same as Mailgore from the Turbo Movie. Obviously, this was a cost cutting measure. But I am looking at this internal to the PRU. They did mention it in "From Out of Nowhere". Where Divatox thinks that Spector looks a lot like her "fiance". Do you think the two are related or just look similar?

Some fans might say they are of the same race. Or that Spector is a successor to Mailgore. Another option is that Spector just took Mailgore's form. Spector is a shapeshifter. We see him take Zordon's form in "Astronoma Thinks Twice". So its very possible that he just took Mailgore's form to instill fear in everyone. Since Mailgore was a huge threat back in the day.

Kamen Rider Decade
11/10/14, 10:46 PM
Brothers.

Zabitan
11/10/14, 10:46 PM
Makes sense to me.

But yeah I always wondered why they did that when I first heard about Dark Spector I imagined he was going to be some guy in a black cloak or black armor like Darth Vader or that monster from the Superman episode where he teamed up with Dr. Fate.

I also heard he was supposed to be Exhaus the main bad guy from Carranger before they made Exhaus Goldgoyle in the last episode of Turbo.

PRangerX
11/10/14, 10:47 PM
Its possible they we're going to use Exhaus. But I haven't heard. I think the Maligore costume was more menacing anyway. At least they admitted the fact that it was a copy on screen. It was sure a wierd sight in "From Out of Nowhere".

Kamen Rider Decade
11/10/14, 10:48 PM
When I saw Spectre for the first time it never even crossed my mind that it was the same costume.